Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Decisive strike and Borrowed Time don't work together?

Options
Oreo7
Oreo7 Member Posts: 56

Hello, I seem to have a problem. I was playing a survivor match against a spirit and had gotten tunneled, but I had Decisive strike on so I wasn't too worried. The first time I went to hit it, I missed :P But when I went to hit it the second time (note that this was almost immediately after the first hook), a Quentin with borrowed time had gotten me off the hook and I took the hit so as to not waste the borrowed time. I went down with a second hit while going thru a window, and while my lithe said it activated, I had been hit before I could get the speed boost. What I thought odd though was that I was unable to use Decisive, even though all this had happened within the allotted time of use (I have tier 3, so less than 60 seconds). I didn't get the skill check, even though the perk was lit up like I was able to use it. Is this a bug? Or is it just something I hadn't been made aware of until now? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :D

Best Answers

Answers

• Oreo7
    Options

Ah, okay. I thought I remembered being able to use it again after that in different matches but I cant recall any specific time that actually happened. I didnt know missing it deactivates it permanently lol. Thanks!

• Mang_Anwar
    Mang_Anwar Member Posts: 56
    Options

Hmmm, I also remember that you can still use DS if you missed it the first time. I am not sure if they changed it, haven't played much of survivors recently.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

When you miss the Skill-Check by actively pressing the space bar to hit it, than it deactivates and ceases any future functions.

You can "Miss" the skill-check by simply not pressing anything and letting it go by, which afterwards it should still be usable in a future chase when it's active, otherwise that's about it, if you miss the skill-check by willingly pressing space bar than the perk will deactivate.

I don't know either, but I know what you mean. In the past, Survivors would save their DS for a precise moment to use, so they would keep it until Exit Gates were open (Since EGC didn't exist back then) and than DS to escape.

If you just let the Skill-Check go by on the skill-check screen, than it'll still be usable for the next 40% wiggle (as a non-obsession) or next down (as the obsession). I personally don't know if they changed it to not be able to do this anymore, but if they didn't than yes, it would still be possible to save for later use.

But if you literally miss it, like miss the skill-check by pressing space and missing the spot to hit it, than it would deactivate for the rest of the game.

• Oreo7
    Options

Okay, thank you. I didn't realize there was difference between letting it go by and actually missing lol

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Understandable, it can seem misleading when people tell you there's a way to re-use it and don't give details on how to do that.