Latest Huntress Has A Gun

Options

That's all I have seen from this new killer. I watched several hours of top tier ranked killers (top 3's) play this killer today and the theme, and mechanics, are almost identical to Huntress.

To me it's basically someone using a ranged killer to M1 almost all the survivors which is relatively easy looking. Just chase them, hit them and TRY to hit them from distance unless you're not the best FPS player out there. Since you are always faster than the survivor then you know you WILL catch them and you do.

To me it's saddening to see this game slowly becoming just another FPS with a bit of a twist. I don't play FPS games for many reasons. However in an FPS game no one is faster than the other so that's kind of a cool thing.

Comments

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

If you think this game is just turning into an FPS than uh.. it's probably not for you anyway. I doubt the addition of a harpoon is suddenly making this CoD or BF or something.

Besides, the chain is laughably easy to break right now so he has to do it when he would've already caught up to you and got the hit anyway.

• DonniKubbitz
    DonniKubbitz Member Posts: 12
    Options

I'm brand new and from all the other FPS I have played and watched since the 70's (when I first found electronic games) I'd have to say DBD looks nothing like an FPS.

There is no habitual jumping (although there probably would be).

There is no universal shooting/firing back-just the killer with ability to kill.

Players all have the same speeds-unlike having the enemy constantly gaining on them no matter what they do.

Players and killers both do not share the same items (firearms/etc.).

FPS is more about being ranged than striking up close and personal, because the speed is the same for each.

These don't seem very similar but DBD has now added another ranged killer who, so far, will be best utilized as a personal attack killer, not ranged.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Can't wait for the next rumored killer! He is supposedly named "The Fallen Soldier." He has an M16 with a bayonet. His primary power is to fire his rifle in 3-round bursts and his secondary power is a bayonet charge.

The charge has a 30 second cool down and increases the soldier's speed to 145% for 5 seconds. After hitting a survivor he will clean the bayonet with a cloth.

The rifle has a 10 second cool down with 30 charges. It can injure 3 survivors at once with it's burst. After out of charges he will be required to load the clip with each individual bullet at 3 bullets per second. After he will load the rifle and be ready to go!

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I feel this killer was introduced to draw in the CoD crowd. I don't think he will be strong. He might be Huntress's version of Bubba. Either way I am certain the devs will nerf him before release or shortly after. They do that with every new killer even if they are weak.