Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivor Add-on Nerf Discussion

I'm here to state my opinion on the current patch and mostly I think it's great, a new powerful killer, some much needed toolbox nerfs but there is one thing that they have done that really feels unjustified to me and that is the fact that now when you escape with an item you lose the add-ons. Now I understand that this is how killers already work but from playing killer not only do you base earn way more bloodpoints in an average game than a survivor but when using BBQ and chilli, you get 2x more on top of that already extra that you get. This means as a killer you consistently make enough to bring high quality add-ons each game and them burning off doesn't really matter too much other than on the overpowered ones that you rarely get. This however is in stark contrast to playing survivor, as a killer every game I would bring 2 good add-ons, as a survivor I'd bring an item around 50% of the time and if I was to bring add-ons I would almost always bring weaker add-ons if any at all just because even with the fact you keep them after escaping say you die an average of 50% of the time that's a 50% chance you will lose them and you already don't get enough. I think this change is pretty unjustified unless we get a BBQ and chilli like perk (yes I know we technically have one that is similar but it only gives you extra bps so your wasting a slot on something useless and it is still harder to get 100% than BBQ). Personally after everything that's been added it's the only change I disagree with. It is also a Nerf to Ace in the hole which is really annoying, yes I know you keep the add-ons if you have ace in the hole but the hole point in bringing ace in the hole is going around and sharing the wealth giving your fellow survivors items that you get but now they can't even enjoy the add-ons that come with the items you grab for them.

What do you guys think, do you agree with me. And I don't want people responding who have never played survivor in their lives and are just guessing how it is

Comments

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Add-ons and items are always risky for survivors. They’re a big help, but you don’t always get to keep them.

I wish I could brig a commodious or a ranger kit every game, but sometimes I have to ration brown toolboxes.

The bloodwebs also tend to give bad ad-ons or bad items. Like keys are nice but I guarantee everyone has 20+ key add-ons and like less than 5 keys

• Blackhouse
    Blackhouse Member Posts: 15

The trade-off is that survivors get to bring 8 add-ons collectively. Even if the individual doesn't bring their best ones, you've still a good chance that someone has.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

The trade off is that each survivor add-on is much less useful than a killer add-on meaning they don't have a massive effect. I never use toolboxes or medkits or any of that. I mainly only use flashlights and this is going to be one hell of a hit to battery usage which is already insanely fast and very counterable against a killer that knows anything

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

Yeah and they are just making it even worse. It's annoying because I don't really sit on gens but love being chased as when I escape it feels earned. Flashlights are nice because I can take some of the agro off my teammates by trying for an already hard flashlight save. With batteries becoming even less obtainable. I literally wouldn't mind at all if we could earn bloodpoints as fast as killers but we can't so it just makes it way harder. I don't want to play killer games just to make my survivor games more fun, it's counter intuitive as it's more time on killer and while I use to love killer and still occasionally play for the archives I honestly don't enjoy my time playing them