Dead Hard Silent Nerf/Bug?

Hello all! First post on here so that’s fun, I think? I play Survivor and Killer so I’ll try my best not to sound like I’m leaning towards one side or the other! Anyways I’ve been playing this game for around a year now and I’ve been using dead hard since I’ve started cause I heard it was one of the top perks, and it was. However I took a break for around 3 months since ghost face’s release and came back into DBD when Oni’s teaser trailer dropped. I’ve been playing Xbox and dead hard hasn’t been working the way it used to. Idk if it’s just me but every time I’d use it, it would either not work and or it would but I could get slapped out of it instantly. I could just be bad tho which wouldn’t be a surprise but I could’ve sworn dead hard gave some invincibility frames before. Idk if it’s a nerf or a bug (then again what isn’t a bug in this game) but if anyone has the same problem, let’s hope it gets solved soon!

Comments

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

That's not dead hard, that's dedicated. Basically the time you press the button and the time the servers actually dead hard leaves a delay gap that still leaves you vulnerable, so even if you hit it you can still be hit because of the delay, go down, then dead hard and gain exhaustion. Dead Hard is still a good perk, but you have too be more precise or use it sooner in chases.

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128

Ah alright that makes sense, I’ll just try and do it a bit earlier than I normally would. Thanks for the help!

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

IMO don't use DH for baiting a swing. Especially on xbox because of crappy servers. Even on PC using DH to bait a swing is very risky. It's better to use it to give yourself that extra distance to get to a pallet or a vault.

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128

Yea I get that, I used to be really good at dodging with DH on PS4 and then make some dank 360’s, most of the time it worked out well. On Xbox it’s WACK, 360’s aren’t the worst and it feels the same as PS4 but it’s console so I’m not a god at it. I wish I was able to play on PC it’s so much better ;-;.