Ms.Pigu's traps

I have seen people say that a buff for her should be traps dont get removed first try. Y'all get if off first try? It always takes me all four boxes to finally remove it. And usually I die a few steps away from the last box... am i just unlucky?

Comments

• Gh057f4C3
    Gh057f4C3 Member Posts: 11

There was a time when I got my RTB off first try, then later the Pig found me again and after a chase put another on me. I went back to the same box I used to get the first one off and it actually worked a second time.

• Traps are predetermined for example trap 1 the key is pre determined wich box the key is in now lets say that box is cross map yes it takes a few trys but it could be in the box most close to you

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Dont heal, play careful and you should have no trouble taking off traps. Usually, healing waste survivors precious time.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Very. Either that, or you are not giving the Traps enough priority and needlessly dying to them.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2020

I have many times put a trap on someone and had to hook them next to a box, frequently boxes seem to spawn near hooks. Then mere moments after they got off the hook, their trap is already off because the first box they check was the one.

You cannot plan success around random. My suggestion would be make five boxes the standard instead of four OR that survivors do not see the aura of boxes until their trap is triggered be the norm. Far too easy just to get a trap off before the next gen is done. Many times traps are just a nuisance they will pound out gens anyway with a trap on confident they can get it off easily.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

Any change that meant there was even a remote chance of a RBT killing a survivor would be great. I have been playing for 9 months and have 1 kill, a level 19 who tried to walk out the exit with it activated.

• Its meant as a time waster not a killing tool

as a pig main myself ive had numerous of trap kills

sometimes it was me chasing them away from it while chasing someone, but most of the time survivors die from it by their own fault not doing boxes or doing something else before getting the trap off

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Real talk

Piggy's traps should invoke deep wounds.

100% more fun guaranteed

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Are you doing generators with a helmet on? Normally I see people rush the boxes to get them off instantly.

You can do the boxes without them being active.

It's also as @Jigsaw_pprentice1993 said. 99.9% of the time, you get a kill because someone doesn't know how the trap works.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I feel like the boxes should really be more risk to survivors. Place them in Deep Wounds wether they remove the trap or not. Since Jigsaw's 'games' were all about the victims essentially harming themselves to escape, this would fit since the survivor is, from what I assume, slicing their arms apart to gain a key.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

A perfect glfix would be a rolling percentage. First box 15% chance, second 30, 60 than 100 I always felt

But as is the case right now larger maps could cause problems

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I went through a period where it was always the last box and I died a lot because of it. My luck has finally changed and I'm getting them off faster, only for 98% of Pigus to patrol the boxes and put another trap on me immediately. Most people have no clue how to play her, it seems.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i experienced both situations multiple times..

like, on one day i died twice to a trap cause the pig had tampered timer, a big map and my fcking key was in the last box every time, but then i also had games where 3 survivors got off their trap on the exact same box on their first try (in one game)...

its just... random.

• darktrix
    edited February 2020

Agreed that getting killed by RBT should be uncommon - but the point is that most of the time it does not even fulfill its main purpose of being a time wasting tool.

• Disagree what i do want is more points for game over 500 is low trapper gets more for trapping a survivor

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I still think that traps should be active the moment they are put on. Timer paused while in a chase, downed or hooked. Pig should have unlimited traps, but every box should have a key. It would fulfill the time waster role, as well as maintaning lethality.

• TAG

I've gotten multiple trap kills in a day. It is doable.

• Unlimited traps is a bad idea 4 are more then enough as for the activation part no one is 99 gens anymore its quite easy to get them off

plus the fact u already have 4 traps that slow the game even if the get it on the first box they have to get unhooked walk to the box get it off that is probably 20-30 seconds of not being on a gen

u see how unlimited traps can slow the game down too much now especially of yhey are active instantly

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

That doesn't justify the whole RNG both Amanda and survivors go through. Sure, sometimes random moments can make games fun but for the killer you either get your slowdown or you don't get one. That's it, it can only be kinda thrilling for survivors... Untill the killer decides to tunnel you for a little bit if you get unlucky with your RBT. The whole concept is good, the execution is not. It's not even that much SAW themed, like, the actual SAW traps didn't require you to be lucky, you could only do everything by yourself by sacrificing something or someone.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, the RBT is literally the most iconic SAW trap. And I don't really see a way to have grievous bodily mutilation within Dead by Daylight. As a SAW fanatic, and devout Pig main, it'd be nice, yet somehow just extremely unrealistic.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

That's the issue, the most iconic SAW trap is used like this. You could manipulate with teamplay, healthstates, enviroment, items, NO, let's make them RNG based!

• Fengmin200
    Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64

Unlimited trap..

The current state of the game, speed level is far too high .. the fault of the generators easy to repair. Too much perk ruins the killer part, that's why they prefer to camp or tunnel. The tunnel seems to work better than the camp ...

So if we want to avoid this, we would have to reassure the pig, and allow it to have infinite traps.. or else rechargeable.

Myself today I tunnel .. against my will, because with the infinite loops I have no time, and you can believe me there are professionals of the loop, and perks as decisive strike.

• TAG

I'm okay with Pig slowly recovering RBTs over time. SLOWLY. I'm talking, like, several minutes per Trap.

• TAG

Any faster than that, and it may as well be unlimited Traps, which I would not be okay with.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

I could live with the traps if we could get rid of that roar. Ambush?

• darktrix
    edited February 2020

I need the roar so I can make snort noises when crouched. That's a feature.

Oh and to start slug races...since I don't have a starter pistol.

• As a pig main i disagree most of the time when i play a match

i lose 1-2 gens after a chase i put the helmet on chase someone into the dead zone now i have 2 guys who are not working gens but doing jigsaw boxes this alone put pig in a good spot

there is also the added bonus most survivors wont heal because they have a box on their head

so if i see them during my chases i down them and slug them now someone needs to get off a gen and pick them back up

• FishTacoDeluxe
    FishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54

Sometimes I get it off one try. Sometimes I go through all the boxes before getting off. The worst of all is when that damn pig keeps pressuring me off the boxes til my head my pops.