The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hybrid Players, your opinion?

This is only for hybrid Players(play killer and Survivor). Which side do y'all think needs to be buffed? Y'all don't have to explain why. I just wanna see people's answer. Me personally, I think killers need to b a bit stronger. Let's keep things civil and respectfully disagree if our opinions differ.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Oh Killer, definitely. They need help with a lot of things. I may think certain aspects of Survivor has no problems, but that doesn't mean the game is in a balanced state.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Some killers are pretty mediocre compared to others but it's mostly the maps that are the biggest problem imo. Survivors shouldn't have to use ds and bt every game out of fear of a killer wanting to get rid of a survivor as soon as possible because of time constrants the killers are under. It sucks that the best strat is also not very fun but i understand why they do it because killers can't play perfect in every chase and will make mistakes that could snowball into them losing.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Neither are really that unbalanced, it's just the maps needing redesigning from bigger to smaller. Then we go from there.

But that might cost a lot of money, and, y'know, Nea hasn't gotten a new cosmetic in a short period of time so... I'm not holding my breath. (Unlike someone everyone is familiar with.)

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

A lot of the killers need some sort of buffs.

When your character at the "centre of balance" is consistently top 3 for power amongs the community, then you have a problem with 90% of your roster.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Not even a remotely close call. Killers need buffs.

The main issue is maps but there are still many killers that are way below par.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

None.

Maps should be redesigned (specially old ones like autohaven, coldwind and mcmillan)

No side is unbalanced, each side is strong, but maps make it unfairly unbalanced towards survivors. So many safe loops, so many safe windows. If you were able to mindgame a survivor on every tile with every killer without needing to bloodlust, the game would be balanced.

I'm 50% killer 50% surv BTW.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Killers need the help. Buffs I'm not sure about (low tier killers just need some reworks for viability), but map redesigns would alleviate a big part of the problem for a chunk of the killer roster.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Map size is a problem, but if killers had more time too pressure gens then it wouldn't be that big a deal.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

Low mobility killers need a buff. Map size is the biggest issue.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

It's hard to say. Killer is hard against 4 good survivors but if you don't play 4 man swf you quickly notice that getting 4 good survivors is almost a myth and that there will guaranteed be at least 1 potato on your team who will be tunneled out with 30 seconds, and the david who wants to farm his WGLF stacks tries to be a hero and goes down in front of the hook.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

I play killer like 85% so disregard my opinion if you’d like. I believe killer, but not too much. Gen speeds are the fastest in dbd history since there won’t be 1 or 2 guys automatically looking for ruin (whether the killer is using it or not) there’s no reason for all 4 survivors to pop into the closest gen as soon as the game starts until the killer comes close to them. Map size is the real problem. If you make gens take longer you just prolong the game what like not even an extra minute? BUT if you decrease map size on most maps the killer can now counter gen rushing by actually giving off pressure. No more starting on one side of red forest and having a gen 75% done when you get there having not seen any survivors or take any wrong turns (take a wrong 50/50 turn and welp there goes the gen) and instead killers can hit a survivor and quickly get to the next gen providing actual pressure that you see in maps like Lerys the game the saloon etc. it’s map size, nothing else. But I wouldn’t mind making gens taking longer on top of the smaller maps but then again tbh that’s too much

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Killer for sure.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Both need tweaks. Nobody should be nerfed because it would throw either lower rank survivor or higher rank killer out of whack.

Killer needs to have better map pressure for low mobility killers. There should be no infinite loops. It is insane that a survivor of equal skill to a killer can run the killer around for 2 or more gens. Maps are too large as well.

Survivors need options beyond looping to escape killers. If loops were securely shortened, but multiple escape options that improved with skill, then it would be much better overall. Stealth is a very limited option, and really does not count due to the multiple tracking perks/addons.

The answer is in improving both sides while removing bad game mechanics.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,708

I think most killers are in a good place, with some needing minor QoL updates and others needing a bit more. Legion and Bubba are two that come to mind for major changes. I know everyone says Clown is the weakest in the game and while I agree on a fundamental level, I'm awful playing against him so I'm fine with him only having QoL changes. I think mori's should be reworked a bit to require everyone be hooked at least once before using. I think a lot of add-ons should be looked at as well; so many are just absolutely worthless.

I would love to see a way to sell add-ons for half the price, both survivor and killer.

I think survivors are in a fine place as well with some minor things needing changes and maybe some QoL changes. I don't have any issues with Dead Hard, Borrowed, or Adrenaline as they tend to be the most annoying at endgame when you've probably already lost anyway. I don't have issues with DS itself but I think something should be done with the DS into locker play. I think keys should be changed slightly somehow. I would not be opposed to a totem counter if you're a solo player.

Some loops are a bit bs on the survivor side because unless you're playing a certain killer, you auto lose the game if you commit on a god loop. With the breakable walls that should change even if only slightly.

Map sizes are the biggest issue. Take a map like Azarovs which is the most killer sided map in the game. Setup your 3+ gen strat and you can almost guarantee victory with any killer unless you mess up bad or the people are really coordinated. The same applies to other maps as well, the smaller they are the more you have to work with.

A 3-gen strat with Pop/slugging can work for any killer on almost any map and can win games against even the best teams. It's not always possible and sometimes you still lose anyway but the fact you can put up such a fight using such a simple strategy shows killers do have power. Imagine if the gens all spawned a bit closer to each other, games would become a lot more hectic and difficult for survivors. Gens do go quick but simply adding on time would be super boring. Having another kind of secondary objective beside totems might help a bit.

With the PTB, killers and survivors both got a really strong perk with new Sabo and Hangman's. If one gets nerfed, they both should.

Another major issue is Rank. So many times people who are new or just plain bad end up with pros and it just ends up in bullying and complaints. In a perfect world where we were against other people with similar skills and abilities, that would also go quite a ways for balance.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I definetely have to go for killer, not saying that survivor could use some tweaks, but there are killers that struggle quite a lot with gens.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Killer.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

killer, but on an individual level. universal buffs would break this game if they are too big so balancing each killer to a level of power similar to billy, huntress, and nurse is really the best way to balance this game. Of course this is very difficult and on some killers almost impossible without giving them a secondary ability or a complete rework but it's really the only way.

survivors only need 1 thing changed and that's gen speed, some killers just can't keep up or snowball in order to apply enough pressure to stop survivors from doing gens. Giving them a secondary objective or a natural way that slow them down is the best thing i can think of for this. An idea i heard not too long ago was having a 50% progress reduction to gens until 2 minutes were up or if the killer chases a survivor, I personally think that it should be when a killer hits or downs a survivor for the slowdown to go away but that's my opinion on a idea that probably wont become reality.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Yeah, but increasing gen time just makes survivor boring

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Killer needs to be buffed.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited February 2020

Items, perks and maps need nerfs.

• MoonyTheVampire
    MoonyTheVampire Member Posts: 9

Ruin was fine. I don't really mind it going. Map sizes are obscene. Gen speed is wayyyy too fast. Survivors have too many scapegoats.

• Killer needs to be buffed. Easily. It's to the point where Killers are, literally, being bullied by Survivors. I've seen it happen playing as a Survivor, and I've had it happen to me as a Killer.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Killer needs a buff

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114

Killers for sure. I have to agree that its not buffing/nerfing we necessarily need. Its map size. Hard to apply pressure on big maps and keep momentum going.

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103

buff solo survivor to near SWF level by giving them in-game chat / voice comm

then rework most map to smaller map and rework god loop to normal loop.

They need to complete these 2 things only and game experience will become much more better.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Map sizes

• Farshad7913
    Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58

dont buff the killers, nerf the survivors. Make them be affraid of killers. After the ruin nerf, 8 outta 10 i escaped. Thats too much but when i play killer i have to sweat my balls off to win.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

If I could just snap my fingers and fix something I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to magically fix/rework maps before anything else. The massive difference in how the game plays out based on the size and layout of the maps really needs work, and it would make it easier and less "risky" to do changes to killers and survivors afterwards.

It's like perks/addons that stack in some way. They might be weak individually but good when combined, so if they're made strong individually without doing anything about the stacking you can have a problem on your hands. It's the same thing if you do buffs and nerfs based on the more unfair maps, the more fair maps and other maps once they get reworked might lead to unforeseen problems. And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not referring to any specific perks or addons here - I'm simply talking about the very concept of in-game "buffs" and "penalties" that stack and interact in various ways, which can be a tricky thing to deal with in a lot of games. I've played games where stuff like damage resistance or damage boosts can be an issue because of this, where several perfectly balanced buffs combine to make someone unreasonably hard to kill or capable of utterly trashing important damage thresholds.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Doesn't mean it isn't nessecary too make the game balanced. Sometimes too make a game healthier a side has got too eat the bullet.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2020

Both. Thinking only one side needs buffs/changes is being shortsighted.

In any case my opinion is that survivors have currently the short hand of the stick thanks to dedicated servers. It's kinda having reverse pallet vacuum and killers get many hits that they shouldn't have gotten. Not counting that camping and tunneling are rampant right now.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

This is hard for me as well. I have nights where we SWF and I survive almost every game. Other nights we run into great killers and struggle to survive, even tho we almost always only have 1 gen left and we are purple ranks at least.

As killer I have a lot of success. It is rare for survivors to even power the exit gates, but I like to play strong killers. I guess there are killers out there that could use buffs, i. e. clown, but at the same time you can choose to play stronger killers if you want more power. That is why I choose them, I want to be powerful as killer, and hate playing killers that seem weak.

I think the game is pretty balanced, as long as people are not bringing in toolboxes, which I think is rude to do in current state of the game. Some maps probably need a rework as well.

• TeddyR
    TeddyR Member Posts: 46

Killers

Its amazing how im rank 10 on survivor and killer (ive slowed down and havent played as much) but when i play solo surv i get quite a few rank 20s and when im killer i get nonstop rank 1-4, when does the hidden matchmaking kick in

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Killer 100%. Some killers are fine sure, but the huge issue is mainly maps. Low mobility killers struggle with a fair few. And many maps have stupidly good loops to be abused easily.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

The game is in a weird state of "balance" right now. Either side can get a steamroll victory, and a killer will either get a 4K, or only a 1K maybe 2K by tunneling or camping after the gens are done. I think it's easier for survivors to win right now, but both sides can dominate in a game. There are alot of variables. From a hybrid perspective, i would prefer all the weak killers and all the weak perks on both sides, get buffed, so everything could be used without feeling like you are handicapping yourself. Like kindred, i think it got a very nice, but not OP buff, and they slightly buffed trapper and plauge with the new ptb. I don't think trapper got buffed enough, but i do think they should continue with this train of thought. Most of all, I'm hoping they had a plan with ruin. By removing the ultimate bandaid, they can see every problem, how players are dealing with them, and hopefully how they can fix them.

• komaboma
    komaboma Member Posts: 56

You cant buff killer as a whole, theres killers that need buffs like how theres survivor perks that need buffs

• XxDragonSn1p3Z
    XxDragonSn1p3Z Member Posts: 6

Killer's maybe giving survivors other things to do rather then just gens

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

This guy gets it. The game is way too snowbally. That is the fundamental problem. If one side gets ahead it is entirely too difficult for the other side to make a come back.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Solo Q and the non-meta killers, possibly without buffing SWF and the meta killers.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Solo survivors and weak killers.

For solos, give them more info that SWF already has access to.

For weaker killers, fixing maps would go a long way.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

It's a hard decision.

On one side, gens are done really fast and killers with low mobility and low map pressure are really frustrating to play and you need to be tryharding a lot to get things done.

One the other side, the experience as solo player is tied to luck : you either get good teammates or potatoes one that crouch in a corner and do nothing.

For now i think Killers should be buffed in some way, but then later also buff solo survivors while nerfing SWF.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I think certain killers need buffs. example Clown and Leatherface should get the next buffs

Gen speeds are fine for 3 reasons, tunneling, camping and some killers are really strong

Some Maps are too large and too dark. Maps being reduced would help low mobility killers but also make high mobility killers even stronger

Key spawns in chests need to be looked at With plunderer I pull a key every other match. I think if you have one in the lobby the killer can see it and plan accordingly.

Ebony Moris (pink) are strong and needs to be changed. A suggestion would be kill 1 survivor by hand without needing to be hooked.

A totem counter for survivors would be nice (especially for solo) and may work in a killers favor as survivors might look for that last totem before popping the last gen. This would mostly kill NOED as perk though but at the same time buy the killer a little more time.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Killers. The low tier killers need some QoL changes. Survivors are fine over all.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

Killers easily, lots of struggle and work. No truth to being able to enjoy putting on perks that can make a killer fun for you. You're stuck in this "Perk makes killer viable" type of thing. Hurts enjoyment and stuff then makes you play around the perks. Not quite around the killer.

I think when the killer and the survs can play how they both want and either side being more reliant on skill rather than.what perks they bring then the game MIGHT finally be balanced.