Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Any good Build ideas for Poised?

Options

I’ve been trying to complete the Poised challenge for a while now with no luck. Any good builds for this painfully below average perk?

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@trapped_by_daylight

You don't have to be injured to complete this, you could easily heal someone to full health by being at full health yourself and using perks like "We'll Make It" to heal a Survivor that you just unhooked.

So, if you just want it out of the way than you can use a Ranger Med-Kit or Green Med-kit with the appropriate add-ons and put on Empathy to see where any injured Survivors are. OR you could just put poised on and We'll Make It and unhook one Survivor and fully heal them, that also works.

You also don't have to do any of that, and just put Poised on and heal someone to one full health state. The challenge doesn't specifically ask for you to be injured, it just asks for you to heal someone to one full health state with Poised in your perk slot.

• trapped_by_daylight
    Options

I didn’t mention anything about being injured. I was just asking for a good perk Build that has Poised in it.

• FireHazard
    edited February 2020
    Options

All you need is We'll Make It, Empathy, Poised, and Spine-Chill.

That's all you need to help in every possible scenario that might happen, We'll Make It for a fast health state on an unhooked Survivor, Empathy to heal a lone injured Survivor if you can't unhook someone, Poised for the challenge, and Spine-Chill to help counter stealth Killers and aid in general repairs.

If you don't want Spine-Chill than you can swap it for Botany Knowledge to help with Empathy, this is so you can heal that lone injured Survivor a lot faster.

edit

After a realization from a comment below, I mistook Poised for Solidarity... refer to my new comment below for 3 optional builds.

• Lofepramine
    Lofepramine Member Posts: 174
    Options

Uhm, isn't poised when you leave no scratch marks after finishing a gen? I think people have it confused with solidarity.

I've done the challenge using my regular perks: iron will, spine chill and WGLF, I think.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 581
    edited February 2020
    Options

I used Poised, autodidact, empathy & kindred as a solo survivor.

Edit: Disregard, I mistook poise for solidarity

Post edited by ermsy on
  • FireHazard
    edited February 2020
    Options

Ah, you're right.

Tbh, all @trapped_by_daylight needs with Poised is a gen jocky build. Something like a Commodious Tool-Box with Socket Swivel and BNP as his item and Poised, Spine-Chill, Botany Knowledge, and Self-Care for his perks. This lets him get a Generator out of the way and have an alternative means to heal himself in bad scenarios.

At any rate, unless he's being tunneled the entire match he should be able to finish one Generator and escape. If he wants to sacrifice Botany Knowledge for DS, than that's probably a better idea. If he doesn't like Self-Care and he can also swap that out for something like Sprint Burst or Adrenaline.

So his option perk builds are as follows below

• [Poised Build #1] (Poised, Spine-Chill, Botany Knowledge, and Self-Care)
    • [Poised Build #2] (Poised, Spine-Chill, Decisive Strike, and Adrenaline/Sprint Burst)
    • [Poised Build #3] (Poised, Lithe, Dance With Me, and Quick and Quiet)

The last build, Poised Build #3, actually works with Poised's mechanic of leaving no scratch marks behind, the other perks are from a Houdini build which you can use in a chase to run and hide from the Killer easily. The other two builds are for general Survival that you can use to escape.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Poised is actually a very underrated perk. You shouldn't be losing games because of it, because it's not the type of perk that needs synergy with others in your build in order to do its job well. So the best advice I can give is to substitute it for the most replaceable perk in your usual build, since that way you're mostly still working with the perks you like and are used to. Remember to take advantage of it and sprint every time a generator is completed, because you can do so without penalty and it will confuse the killer if they're searching for you. Ten seconds is quite a long time in DBD.