Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Anyone else getting lobbies with high ping?

Options

For the past week and a half I have noticed that the average ping of lobbies has been higher than what I usually encounter. I usually encounter 60-80 ping lobbies with the occasional 90-110. However now 70-80% of the lobbies I am getting are 120-140 with 60-80 lobbies being quite uncommon now. Has regional matchmaking been disabled or is there something else going on that I'm not aware of? I have already checked my connections and everything is the same it's always been.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@Xephox_Epoch

Your connection might not be the issue, it could just be your connection to the Dedicated Servers themselves that's the issue.

Dedicated Servers do get tweaked sometimes, so that could be why your ping suddenly dipped as a result. 120-140 ping isn't that bad anyways, so it's not really something you should worry about. If it was 200-250+ ping than it would be different.

Of course I can see why switching from 60-80 ping to 120-140 ping is a big quality dip, but it's not anything serious that'll impede your game-play. As said before though, it could just be your connection with the DS's themselves and not the connection as a whole.

• AjaxGunterson
    AjaxGunterson Member Posts: 40
    Options

I am having the same problem where I get connected to lobbies with my normal 60 ping but now 75% of the lobbies I join I'm getting closer to 130. As far as I'm aware nothing changes on my end when this happens and both the ~60 ping and ~130 ping lobbies always maintain the same amount of latency feel throughout the match.

Interested to see if there's a way you can tell which server you're connecting to.

• Xephox_Epoch
    Xephox_Epoch Member Posts: 15
    Options

anything above 130 ping is very noticable

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

120-140ms ping is borderline unplayable, if your opponent has the same ping as well. Thats almost a quarter of a second stacked up.

• FireHazard
    Options

Maybe i'm thinking of the old ping, since 120-140 ping for that system was hardly noticeable.

If it's very hindering in-game, than you can try contacting support to see what they can do for you. I doubt you'll get anything drastic as an answer, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's an option though for some more solid answers, so i'll link them below for you to submit a ticket.

Here's the link to the support team

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Yeah, on peer-to-peer 140ms was completely fine. However on servers, 140ms turns chases into nothing but a guessing game, both as killer and survivor.

• FireHazard
    Options

Yeah, I noticed that sometimes in-game when facing a Survivor with fairly bad connection to DS's, so rubber-banding, teleporting, and overall lag does occur unfortunately. I didn't think 120-140 causes this, but I suppose a new system does change things. At any rate, I doubt anyone here knows why his ping randomly dropped.

The only reasonable explanation could be because of his connection reacting badly to the Dedicated Servers as a whole, and not the connection itself. He can try contacting support to see what they can do/say, but besides that it's something that just... happened I guess.