Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

do u suggest me to buy this game?

Options

It's 3.42 $ for me in my country is it really worth it?

Best Answer

Answers

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

It depends on what type of games you like and how much patience you have with the devs and the community.

• MegaGamer_01
    MegaGamer_01 Member Posts: 172
    Options

Yes but I would be mindful of a few things

1. The game is sorta ptw. The perks in the game that are mostly used are perks from licenced dlc and cost either $7 (in australia) or $14 depending on what's in the chapter. Yes you can get iridescent shards just from playing the game and hope the perks appear in the shrine of secrets but most of the time they only appear once every year maybe a few times if your lucky
    2. The game has a salty community after reaching purple ranks. From my experience from playing survivor and killer people get salty very quickly after reaching purple ranks and can get a lot of hate comments. Not saying everyone is salty because there are good nice people in the community but be mindful that there are gonna be people who are gonna hate on you and message you (Im on ps4 for those wondering)
    3. The grind is real. To get the perks you want in a build can be very difficult especially after unlocking many of the games teachable perks from the different characters in the game. You can just get your character to prestige 3 and not have to worry as much but getting to that has to have you reset your bloodweb three times taking all times, perks, add ons and offerings from your chosen character. And you can ignore it all together but keep that in mind if your gonna prestige and reset your bloodweb.

The game is fun to play and can be really scary at times (which is its main focus but goes away after the first game lol) but the community, dlc and gameplay you might wanna research on. If you already have friends who play the game regularly then it's a good buy because they can teach you very quickly and get you up to speed on the best perks, characters and what different killers do. Hopefully it helped in your decision but if you still don't know research on what you want to know. :)

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

It really depends what you're into. DBD is a fun game, but you need to have a particular kind of attitude to have fun with it.

You need to be okay with losing, because you will lose a lot, especially when you're first starting. If you enjoy games like Dark Souls, that's a good indicator.

You need to be okay with using builds that are good but not necessarily optimal, because it will take you a while to get all the necessary perks for the optimal build, and if you feel like you need those perks, you're going to find the grind very discouraging.

You need to be okay with being screwed over by RNG or circumstances outside your control. If you enjoy games like Hearthstone, that's probably a good sign.

Most of all, you need to be able to keep things in perspective and remind yourself that it's just a game when things don't go so well.

If you are someone who can lose and still have fun, even if the loss was unfair or outside your control, then I would absolutely recommend you give DBD a go. Because as long as you don't require or expect it to be perfectly balanced all the time, it's really a lot of fun.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2020
    Options

@samir9698

As said many times it depends what you like and if you're into a Asymmetrical 1v4 horror game.

On one hand, you have a variety of content to choose from with many different Survivors, Killers, perks, maps, and powers, and you also have much more content coming with every new Mid-Chapter and/or Chapter that comes out in DBD.

On the other hand, you could be deterred from how the community acts in Post-Chat sometimes, but I can assure you this isn't how every player acts in-game or on the forums here. Some players are naturally "toxic" while others are helpful and supportive.

It really depends on if you can handle using different Killer powers, getting used to the layouts of the maps, getting used to playing Killer and/or Survivor, making builds that center around your play-style, have an RNG based system with the Blood-Web, enjoy difficult games like Dark Souls as mentioned above, etc. Dead By Daylight has a lot of variety since it's inception in 2016, so you have a lot of interesting, fun, and challenging options to choose from when playing Killers, using Builds, etc.

You can mix and match perks you enjoy, add-ons and items you want to use, and Killers and Survivors you prefer and like. Every Killer and Survivor has a main, so you can also find that special character that you enjoy playing as the most in-game.

at the end of the day though...

The choice is yours, if you do decide to play than i'm sure you'll have many options to choose from, but whether you buy the game or not is entirely your choice to make.

Look up some videos, maybe some Twitch Streams, check out the game if you're still skeptical. A lot of content creators are on Youtube like Otzdrava, OhTofu, Monto, etc. They'll give you some insight and an in-game perspective of how the game is. You could also check out some Twitch Streamers like OhTofu (Again), Scoprionz, Morf (I think that's their name...), TallerToast, etc.

A lot of check out if you're still skeptical.