Memento Mori Rework

k1k0
k1k0 Member Posts: 4
edited February 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Possible solution

Memento Mori should:

1) Kill after the second hook.

2) Apply a 5% slowdown penalty for each hook, on any action, to the hook survivor.

3) Mori yellow / green / red applicable on the first 2/3/4 survivors hooked.

In this way, compared to the current situation:

1) Increase the duration of the match, providing more points for everyone.

2) Stimulates to avoid tunneling and camping.

3) Maintains the mechanics of splatter killing.

What do you think?

Comments

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

It would still be too difficult to utilize against strong survivors. I think it's fine how it is already.

• Nudge4511
    Nudge4511 Member Posts: 34

It's fine how it is. Yes it sucks to be mori'd early on but while some games are lasting between only 3 and 4 minutes, it would be too hindering to the killer. Unless they increase game time somehow and then I'm all down for it

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

The only Memento Mori that needs changing is Ebony. Cypress + Ivory only affect 1 player and have a sensible requirement.

None of the changes here would fix Ebony Mori.

If it applies on the second hook, it's rather pointless. You may as well hook the Survivors 3 times.

• k1k0
    k1k0 Member Posts: 4

Consider that I have accumulated more than 600 ebony mori because the mechanics of ruining the game, especially at the first surv, I find it somewhat ridiculous. For this reason, I consider it necessary to insert the penalty, in order to encourage the killer to leave immediately to find the next one to apply it on.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

As a killer, in the past I rarely used them. Since the DC penalty kicked in, I never use them because I think they are very unfair for survivors. You barely have to work for the kill and, if we're being honest, it promotes tunneling.

As a survivor, ever since the DC penalty, if I see the killer offer a mori, I just leave the loading screen. No penalty, no sweat off my back, ez. I'm not playing a match where the chance of success is slim.

Not all moris need change, but if they can figure out how to make the memento a tiny bit more fair, I might start playing against them again.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

I've thought about the kill after the second hook thing before, it has it's pros and cons. Unfortunately, mori's sometimes take longer than hooking does.

The slow down penalty sounds more like a perk, and it kinda already is, dying light is pretty much that.

The best change idea I've heard was you can only mori after all survivors have been hooked once, but even that is flawed. Some survivors spend the whole match hiding from the killer, they base their entire build on staying hidden, so that would render the mori useless.

Idk... maybe instead of memento killing all survivors, just make it 2.