"we're doing a pretty good job"

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I was rank 13 earlier after reset and was going against full red rank 1s. I am a red rank 1 killer though a lot of the time.

Most people who are rank 13 should not I agree, but my point is that the inherent system is flawed too, so even if they did fix that one issue, it would still be broken just a little less so.

• Vidal_Signz
    Vidal_Signz Member Posts: 14

The entire rank system needs to be re-examined and re-worked...bc honestly it's kinda ruining the game for me.

I used to not care bc I was having fun. But after one post-game argument I had with a Survivor who insulted me for being Rank 14 Killer (even though I'm a actually a Survivor main lol), I decided to make an effort to rank up last season...

And I did! At the end of the Season, I was Rank 8 Survivor and Rank 12 Killer! I was so proud of myself! But I shouldn't have been, bc it was a huge waste of time!

"Rank Update Error". Set me back TWO colors... From 8 to 14 on Survivor and 12 to 16 in Killer. I was so mad. So I hop on the website.... "We are aware of the problem". Well great... That's a comfort.

So then I try to tell myself "Idc about rank. I'm just gonna play for fun."

But with the lengthy match-making times, laggy servers, unbalanced matches, getting tunneled/camped by every other Killer, getting trolled/looped/teabagged by every other Survivor, and then de-pipping repeatedly due to all these other factors beyond your control to the point that you de-rank... It's kinda hard to even have fun anymore. Thinking of taking a break, too.

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

That’s cool I didn’t know the devs were doing that. So that makes sense on why I am getting Rank 1 swfs because I play like a rank 1 killer but my rank got reset further than it should have so I got sent back to 10 rather than to 5

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Whats that? Nerf Legion? We gotchu fam

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I was going to comment something similar,but not as elegantly,lol. Well said. I agree completely. I do feel bad that people are going to be unsportsmanlike,win,and then dump on a killer with a way lower rank. Especially if they are using low level perks and all. It's happened to me before and I'm always like...it's not like you did anything special. Not everyone is out to be rude though.

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60

Ranks mean nothing. I'm a rank 10 who gets put against rank 1 killers, still escape. Just depends on the game, most red ranks are boosted.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I dont know what you are talking about? O.o

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2020

Matchmaking is the biggest problem in the game in my opinion. The fact that this happens so regularly and for such a long time over and over again is shocking. This is just going to force even more KIllers from the game if they're constantly being matched with people way above their level.

Imagine if the game were to actually match you with people on the same skill level which is supposedly what the new system will do but the fact they want to hide ranks and possibly not show MMR either just makes me think the devs want to get rid of que times more and then hide any reason someone would have to complain.

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71

Ya they are doing a great job of killing their player base. Maybe the goal is to have all the killers completely stop playing so that there’s only survivors waiting to find matches. If that’s what the goal is then yes they’ve been killin it. Devs have caved in on so many changes that barely anyone wants to play killer anymore. Survivors are so toxic and poor sports that people get tired of it and play something better. Their current rank system is what they were forced to do because not enough killers can reach or care to reach red ranks. But all it’s doing is forcing newer killers to not want to play because they rarely get a fair match.

• domsugarbooger
    domsugarbooger Member Posts: 24

To ur question yes and no! Yes bc itll help me approve my skill in the game and there is always room 4 Improvement no matter how good you are and for no because I kind of agree with you to some point it would take the fun out of the game so I guess you could say it is what it is again I still say it is a game and I'm not going to act like I don't get mad and rage a little bit but again what can we do just move on and play the next game

• TheHippo
    TheHippo Member Posts: 41

I 100% agree that the rank system is broken right now. Again, this is on the devs to fix all of this, it's not really the players fault for just playing a broken game.