Can we stop this motorcycle cinematic from blasting out eardrums when someone opens the game?

This thing needs to go. It is incredibly loud and obnoxious. If you forget about it and have headphones on, you are in for a bad time.

Comments

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Yeah. Oni came out a while ago, its old news

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148

I'm told that renaming C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\DeadByDaylight\Content\Movies\LoadingScreen.mp4 will will remove the cutscene. NOTE that the address may vary depending on where the game is installed. Just changing the name of loadingscreen.mp4 prevents the game from playing it, though.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I really miss the old cinematic, I just felt like it captures the essence of what DBD is and while the new one is cool, I find myself thinking “Is this a Tron introd— oh nvm.”

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Because I think that's the plan now, opening video for each new killer, or just mute your tv for 1 second to skip it is also a solution, complaining is easier then thinking of a quick solution I know

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

So, you admit the cinematic is loud and obnoxious. But I should have to go out of my way to deal with it, instead of the devs addressing and remedying the situation?

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Go out of your way? 😂😂😂 that's hilarious. Yes its loud, but that's why I just turn the volume down before I start up the game, why am I going to get worked up over something with a quick easy solution 😂 plenty of things wrong with the game, and this is what you come on here to moan about? Well I guess its different from all the other ridiculous complains, it's kinda refreshing.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Yea; the old one was a bit loud too, but it gave you fair warning before reaching that bit. This one just instantly blares.

It's also the trailer for a DLC that came out almost three months ago. It's time to move on DBD.

• forthelulz
    forthelulz Member Posts: 306

Renaming or deleting the file works for now and takes maybe 15 seconds to do. Worth noting that it will be replaced on Tuesday with the new update, but after updating you can rename or delete the latest one and you'll be good for another 3 months until the next chapter.

• Yeah, it should be able to be disabled in the menu.

But I do this all the time on PC. Its simple.

Go to your files, in Steam its right click game, go to properties, Local files and then Browse Local Files.

That should open a folder, Then you need to go to:

Dead by Daylight>Content>Movies and then either rename or delete the offending video.

The intro can be restored by renaming the file again or make Steam view integrity of game folder (which will make steam download it again)

Good luck friend.

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68

OT:

Is there a way to disable the cross-play message?