We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I feel like I know why the Rift feels like a grind. [Rift FEEDBACK Included]

Micheal_Myers
Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

So if you look at Fornite, Call of Duty, or PUBG, and their battle pass and or tiers.

Once you hit Tier 21 you unlock the item in 21.

You can say Dead by Daylight also does this. But that is false. Once you finish Tier 1 of DbD's Rift, you dont automatically collect tier 2, like on CoD, Apex, PUBG, or Fortnite. And heck Tier 1 isn't even given for free like the other games. You still have to grind to earn Tier 1. You automatically have to begin at 0 at every tier.

That is why it feels more like a grind in DbD.

But heres how I think the rift & fragments should work:

Increase shards per XP to 2 or decrease tiers from 70 to 50 or even 35

So it doesn't feel like such a hard grind and it would help casual players greatly who can rarely play the game at all.

And for those who will say: "Well they want money why would they do that?"

Well here's the thing.. CoD does this easier XP/tier system in Bo4 and guess what happened? Alot of people buy tiers to get everything faster than everyone. So in reality making it less of a grind, will also help the devs make money on the sense of the competitive nature of people. Cause people are naturally competitive, they dont want you to have something first so they will do anything to get it before you, their friends, or heck even family.

So my point is, The way CoD did their tier system is how the rift should be. Cause they will still make their money's worth, and casual players dont have to feel left out because they have a job or schooling or even parenting to pay more attention to.

Make this happen and I believe most of us in the fog will be a happy camper. (Yes a DbD strat pun lol)

Comments

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

It's an interesting point that will go largely ignored by the devs.

I agree that they'd probably sell more battlepasses since many people opt to see how far they get in the battlepass before they decide to buy. If more people could complete the pass, more people would probably buy the pass. In all honesty, I hate the battlepass and I don't try to complete it since I really dislike playing survivor... however, if I could actually complete the battlepass by playing only killer, just as easily as playing both roles I would actually consider purchasing a pass if I reached the final tier.

However, if it could be completed easily, you would see the majority of the auric cell rewards disappear.

Because money.

In the end, we know what will happen... nothing.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I told myself when the rift came out I'll finish the rift, then buy a pass to get all the other goodies at once.

Turns out I'm too casual. Oops.

I like the rift but I'll probably never finish one. I'd rather buy new characters than rift items though.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I just love having an objective other than the sad daily challenges.

• Ziping3
    Ziping3 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2022

Same

Post edited by Ziping3 on