Why do you play this game?

NickelX
NickelX Member Posts: 20

I just wonder why everyone plays the game. People will say they destroy and get little to no bloodpoints. I play for bloodpoints personally, feel free to elaborate.

Why do you play this game? 60 votes

4k/Escape
3%
SN1P3R5G3TH3ADAwkward_Fiend 2 votes
Bloodpoints
23%
Seiko300DimekSunaIIanuDetailedDetrimentPurgatorianzmassaniNickelX[Deleted User]AzgarthusDeshDarkHunter99XpljesusOwlzeySilacko 14 votes
Rank
3%
XifyTrulyfost 2 votes
Fun
66%
HommeBizarreMc_HartyBossrhaFoggyDownpouretms51FibijeanPeasantCheersSpartagone45MiriamGTapeKnotarslaNXpikselKnucklesWalker_of_the_fog_96QuakeFichteHiro[Deleted User]TTVBoyGamerDude 40 votes
Salt/Toxicity
3%
ImJustABeeBroProfMoriarty 2 votes

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Fun

There's no point in playing a game if you don't have fun while doing it. That's not to say that I don't play to win, but I wouldn't bother playing to win if I didn't enjoy the game in the first place.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Fun

Survivor is pretty fun when you don't have to think to do well.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Fun

If I aint having fun, why even play?

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Bloodpoints

Don't have friends to play with in a group as a survivor and being a level 1 killer means I have to play against toxic players 8/10 matches. I enjoy the game some of the time but I mainly play to tier 3 everyone and give them all perks. It's just not fun being high level.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Fun

"I play to get rank, but I hate this game": of course It needs to be fun, why I'm going to even care if I dislike this game

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    4k/Escape

I play for the satisfaction of playing well, which is coincidentally why I don't play as much killer since the rank system has shat itself even harder recently.

• BloodyHatchet
    BloodyHatchet Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2020
    Fun

Dead by Daylight is my favorite to play on my Xbox and even though I don't survive a lot if the time it's very fun and it's enjoyable!

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2020
    Bloodpoints

You forgot secret option number 5... COSMETICS (aka iridescent shards)

I have as much fun as playing DBD as the next guy / gal over, but I won't lie a chunk of my motivation is the grind. I was a fiend for bloodpoints before the store came out, then I was a fiend for iridescent shards after the store came out, and now I'm a fiend for Rift Fragments now that the Archives are out.

Whatever gets me cosmetics without paying a dime (the archives roll over, so consider it a long-term investment [so I guess I mean whatever gets me cosmetics while paying the least amount of dimes]) you already know I be saving up my shards for the best of the best cosmetics that cost 21,600. Right now I've been working my way through every single free-to-earn cosmetic Ace Visconti has, and there's only one left now... The High Roller. After that I haven't considered where my shards will go next 🤔 probably some killer cosmetics, something for the Oni or Clown.. Maybe the Trapper, or Joey and Susie for legion. The Doctor, The Hillbilly has got some cool stuff... actually maybe the Deathslinger I haven't seen what he's got yet though.

Then after a few killer cosmetics probably something for Jeff Johansson, David King, Kate Denson perhaps...

I'm getting this whole thing plotted out.

And then I won't lie I'll get some cosmetics for licensed characters. As a Ghostface main I've already copped the three that he's got and I'm ready and waiting on the fourth.. other than him I've got the Last-Minute Babysitter for Steve and the cosmetics for Ash look really tempting. Specifically the Finale, but the other ones are pretty decent too, Ash Vs. Evil Dead was a great show. I hope more come out for him cause he sported plenty of looks throughout the show's runtime like the red (technically maroon) leather jacket he wears in episode 1

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

I love killing people.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    Fun

Games are meant to be played for fun, there is no point in putting effort onto a game to get better if you're not having a fun time with it.