NO Penalty for Router Reset disconnections

my WiFi Router resets every 24 hours - and my provider says that it’s not possible to change that. So when I play the game and my router resets - I still get the DC penalty! Please change that! I think the DC penalty is great for people who purposely “LEAVE MATCH” early. But if I get disconnected by accidents - I shouldn’t get a penalty.

Comments

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

There's no way for them to tell the difference unfortunately. The five minute penalty should (maybe?) roll over by the time your next disconnection happens.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Then everyone would just reset their router.

Just don't play during that time or take the penalty that one time.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

Don't play on reset period?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If it's 24 hours on the nose, it should be easy to play around.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,945

As this would get abused a lot, I think I can safely say that it isn't something we will implement.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

This. And they did address the point in the livestream when they reintroduced it, saying there was no way to tell the reason for the disconnect, legitimate crash, internet problem, or just pulling the plug at the back of your computer, so it's the same penalty for everything.

And honestly, if you know your router resets daily at the same time.. then either eat the 5 minutes penalty, or make sure you're not in a game when reset time comes by. Or maybe check if you can get them to reset it when you're sleeping instead of in the middle of the evening when you're using it.

First time I hear about routers resetting daily though..

• NeeliaR
    NeeliaR Member Posts: 22

It’s the only time I’m able to enjoy a game after work and before I go to bed. Of course I thought about it. But I also have a life besides gaming 🤦🏼‍♀️