Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why did you nerf remember me?

2»

Answers

• PatBrutal
    PatBrutal Member Posts: 566
    edited March 2020

My apologize, the way you asked your question it sounded like this was recently implemented, this is why I wrote that. To answer your question, this change was adjusted during the development of the EGC.

Prior to the EGC, Survivors had an infinite amount of time to open a gate or find the hatch (when the hatch could not be closed). With the addition of the EGC, Remember Me was proven to be more oppressive for Survivors (especially as the last Survivor in the match when the hatch has been closed). The change was implemented to help reduce some of the pressure on the remaining Survivor/s in the situation where the Exit Gates have not yet been opened but the EGC is underway and the Killer is defending the Gates.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Maybe you could change it back? Because the current default time(16 seconds) of opening the gates with killer pressuring the gates is not even enough most of the times against mobile killers not talking about 30 seconds. What you did is just ruined very interesting potential of a perk.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
  • Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Remember Me was nerfed for the same reason Empathy was... which i still haven't figured out

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Hey Patricia, couldn't the sole survivor become the Obsession after the killer closes the hatch?

That way, the last survivor won't be completely screwed if they are forced to open an Exit Gate when the killer has RM (they are the Obsession).

About the other things you mentioned, the EGC doesn't start until an Exit Gate is opened. Therefore, I don't believe RM will be a problem in that situation when the survivors already opened the Exit Gates and can leave at free will. If the killer camps an Exit Gate, they are giving up pressure on the other Exit Gates and if say, there's more than 35% on the EGC, the survivors can easily get out. If you still believe RM is too powerful, then that's okay, it should be more powerful than a typical killer perk because the killer sacrificed a perk slot for the late game. 😁

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Because survivors need more second chances

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Nope, the whole reason the hatch was closable was to prevent a hatch face down. Finding the hatch is random and you cant "earn" things on randomness. Thats like saying survivors earn the hatch escape because they found the hatch, regardless of how ######### they were.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Oh, so according to you, using a mori doesnt entitle killers to killing people after 1 hook? Because regardless of how ######### you are, mori is relatively easy to pull off.

"You still failed to keep the other alive, the same ones you NEEDED to survivor yourself, and failed to complete your objective."

No, that is not how the game works. You have 4 people trying to work together to help as many people escape as possible. If you are able to escape, you literally achieved that objective. You dont NEED other survivors to be alive to escape. You cannot blame the deaths of others to the ones surviving(well, sometimes, but you cant save someone from their third hook across the map). The option to escape should always be there, with the only exception being bloodwarden(but really, if you can open a gate and get someone hooked half way through, you deserve being stuck in game).

Considering exit gates can spawn practically right next to each other, and the only way to get out is to use very specific mindgames as a survivor, if a survivor can escape, they deserved it.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

Let the old perk come back and just doesnt activate it if the hatch is closed by the killer

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Don't twist what i've said to just to try and manipulate the discussion. Don't die then. Finish the rest of the gen's and escape like your supposed to. You're not entitled to a free win mechanic like the hatch. The hatch penalizes the killer for doing their objective well.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I didn't say anything about me being Entitled to a free win mechanic, please stop putting words into people's mouths. All I'll say is no one is entitled for anything until the scoreboard tells you what you're entitled for. 😁

Back to the topic now:

It goes both ways, the EGC sometimes punishes survivors who do very well.

Completed all generators, but my teammates used a key that ultimately caused the killer to close the hatch and initiate a 2 minute timer. If the killer was smart, she would've phased between the two focal points and catch me in the process of opening an Exit Gate. However, she for some reason, made this process look very difficult and by some miracle, I escaped.

Here's another one, I three generators by myself because my teammates kept feeding a camping killer. Eventually, the camping killer downed and hooked my entire team, which eventually lead to the killer imitating the EGC and getting me killed. So, I was the only decent survivor punishing the killer and I'm given a 0% chance (unless the killer severely messes this up) to survive.

I could care less about having odds stacked against me, I believe it should be hard, but don't make my odds impossible because no one likes to have their time wasted, especially when they feel like they deserve at least a chance.

RM just makes this worse, and should just make the last survivor the Obsession. 😁

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107

You can memorize hatch spawns and look for it with educated guess. Not completely luck

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

It's luck based. Knowing where hatch could spawn doesn't guarantee you that it spawns exactly where you looked first. Besides the fact that the hatch can spawn while 3 or less are alive which gives the killer a huge benefit to spot during normal gameplay. All He has to do is standing on top of that while it's going to open so he can close it right away without any chance for the survivor to get it.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

And if the potato survivor gets to the end and the killer played well why does the potato get a chance at another escape? Yet if the killer played like a potato and the survivor played well its not ok for the killer to get another chance at a kill (perk).

I care not either way, but I am going to play Devils Advocate.