If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Permablind Bug

Options
BastardKing
BastardKing Member Posts: 784

I was playing Oni on Macmillian Estate - Suffocation Pit, Shack01, was in my rage, smashed a pallet. While I smashed the pallet, I was blinded. The blind started to fade, and then came back and became permanent. I do not know if the Meg in question turned and tried to reblind me, but either way, it did not fade for the rest of the game. It was not a FULL blind, as I could barely make some things out, like making out the bars on the surrounding wall. I was informed it was a green flashlight found in a chest. It persisted into the end game lobby.

26 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Please attach logs for the match when the issue occurs along with (ideally) a video and screenshots from the match. Logs can be obtained by following this guide: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/kb/articles/146-finding-your-log-file

Comments

• SirRodent
    SirRodent Member Posts: 3
    Options

Its a old bug, happend to me once..

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

Otz had this happen in one of his matches on stream too

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

He didn't have it as bad as this, but there was still the white ring and a high level of colour saturation.

Still an issue that needs serious looking at.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

As the Deathslinger, I was blinded whilst hooking a survivor and since then, I was permanently blinded, even in the results screen.

Platform = PS4

Steps to Reproduce -

Not sure if it matters if you’re in the hooking animation but that may activate it.

1. Get blinded (Not sure if it matters if you’re in the hooking animation but that may activate it)

No image because I was quite literally blinded.

• BastardKing
    Options

Doesn't have to be while hooking. When it happened to me, I was breaking a pallet.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options
  • AONova
    AONova Member Posts: 8
    Options

made an account to say this is still happening

was playing on the new map with 4 survivors and flashlights and every second i was getting stunned, and it wouldn't go away unless i got shone at again. this has happened to me twice.

• Jyrex
    Jyrex Member Posts: 22
    Options

got the same bug, cannot record a video but, got screenshot and i attach my log too..

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited March 2020
    Options

Oh, i searched before and found another topic about it. But im gettig this also, on PS4.

Today were 3x in dif matches in dif maps and dif killers (once with Legion, the others one i dont remember). The blinding is permanent, but if a survivor blinds again, it goes away. Everytime, it were with flashlights. Sometimes its a full blind (cant see anything), sometimes its a parcial blind. Looks like it doesnt matter if the survivor got the "killer blinded" score or not.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,492
    Options

A game-breaking bug first sighted over 4 months ago is still active, triggered by the last gen in my case.

• Annakpok00
    Annakpok00 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Options

This just happened to me on Ps4, I was playing as myers and got blinded by a jake before I went to break a pallet then got permablind after I was done breaking the pallet.

Disconnected and lasted into the end screen.

• BastardKing
    Options

Welcome to the club. We are getting jackets on Thursday.

• Junmerang
    Junmerang Member Posts: 1
    Options

Happened to me just now. Over a month since it's been "acknowledged" and still going around, eh?

Was playing The Spirit running only Rancor and Unrelenting on MacMillan Estate. Obviously I'm a rather

new player so it's actually pretty frustrating running into this since I was really excided with this game until such an unplayable match.

What happened was, got blinded, nearly got my sight fully back, then proceeded to try and evade another flashlight beam and then got permamently semi-blind from like 1 and a half minute into the game until the post-match screen.

Could only take a video through my phone but I can't find a way to send it here because the file type is not supported.