The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

With only a month to go; Chapter 9 is ANYTHING known?!

Supernaut
Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

So, with chapter 8 being released on 12 June and the plan to release a new chapter every 3 months, i work it as being just under a month to the next chapter.
We had seen the postcard by now, is there any sort of event due over the next few weeks, or is there likely to be some snippets in a stream or anything?
The suspense is killing me!

Comments

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    edited August 2018
    It is a bit odd that nothing has even been mentioned at this point....
    Post edited by Sandt21 on
  • Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    I want a ghostface killer so bad, I hope they will bring him as Chapter 9 killer  >.< 
    The anticipation for the next killer is killing me 😂
  • Supernaut

I have to say, I'm very keen for another Licensed character; it's not like there is a shortage of iconic characters. Perhaps the hype will start on the next stream as the countdown begins.

Thinking about it, how early did the PTB get released?! Was it two weeks before?!

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    To be frank, usually there is some kind of leak by now... but absolutely nothing so far. I’m even more excited than ever because I actually have no clue. 
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    not_Queen said:

The answer is out there, have a closer look!

Im not sure if there is an hint out there or you're just trolling.
    I actually hope she's trolling, because that would be hilarious.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Esheon said:
    not_Queen said:

Im not sure if there is an hint out there or you're just trolling.
    I actually hope she's trolling, because that would be hilarious.
    Honestly, if i was the community manager i'd be trolling.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Its hidden in the source code of one of the websites. Go look for it. 
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

I get it!

That pharse is the hint!

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    It's the hint Cote gave us about every 23 years which means Creeper from Jeepers Creepers
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
     >_< 
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Where is the answer suppose to be queen
  • BabyKitty
    BabyKitty Member Posts: 37
    Can you guide us to that answer that is OUT THERE
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

WE NEED TO SEND A SEARCH PARTY OUT TO FIND THE HINT.

• Supernaut
    edited August 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piz_KhWmYU8

He's out there

Then again, I remember the Doctor being identified as Jacob Goodnight and Huntress as someone from "You're Next"
    :)

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited August 2018
    not_Queen said:

I hope this is bait 
  • PaulieEsther
    PaulieEsther Member Posts: 71

@Unit said:
    It's the hint Cote gave us about every 23 years which means Creeper from Jeepers Creepers

It's definitely NOT this. They stated on the forums they are not pursuing this license.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

I'm awake 1 hour past midnight right now and I'm still reading pointless threads...

Just, I don't know.

GOOD NIGHT!

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

I still think it's going to be a japanese movie killer if licensed. Something like Sadako Yamamura from Ringu

But i'll wait for more hints

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

It was already confirmed Doom Guy was being released next, as a tribute to Doom Eternal trailer release.

Chapter 9: Rip and Tear!

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

I still think it's going to be a japanese movie killer if licensed. Something like Sadako Yamamura from Ringu

But i'll wait for more hints

Or the Grudge 
  • Trap
    Trap Member Posts: 9

OoOooO now they can name it the classic ceremony

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539

Hmmn, this really makes me wonder if it's Benedict Baker the character who wrote most of the lore about the entity's realm and then he said that he hope. Of Vigo? Or both?

I've always wanted to see Benedict and Vigo incorporated into the game. I really thought we'd get a licensed killer for this next chapter because of Halloween, but now I'm not so sure.

Hopefully detective Esther will be on the case and we can expect a video soon™️
  • Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76

maybe it's better that they didn't mention anything, that prevents the useless hype and disappointment..
    sometimes it's better to wait and see what comes when it comes.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    not_Queen said:

So the survivor will Agent Scully and the killer is Bad Writing?
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

If the answer is out there then the result must be recgonizable wich probably means its a licenced killer no one is getting cosmetics for.

I personally think that the moment they made the store the thought of licenced killers went away because it costs money not make it. (compared to unique that have store skins)

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

It's Jeepers Creepers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

I don´t know if they can top Freddy.
    Devs = Challenge accepted.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

I don´t know if they can top Freddy.
    Devs = Challenge accepted.

Freddy 2.0 won't happen. At least as far as I'm concerned when I talk to devs, they consider it to be "a mistake from the past"

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Shadoureon said:
    I personally think that the moment they made the store the thought of licenced killers went away because it costs money not make it. (compared to unique that have store skins)

Previous licence deals were made without the shop in mind, while with future ones they would be able to negotiate the possibilities of cosmetics right from the beginning. And you can do cosmetics with licenced killers. Just stuff like Pretty Lady Leatherface or Halloween 2018 Myers/Laurie are coming into my mind right now.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@not_Queen said:

Well if this isn't trolling then it wouldn't be Jeepers Creepers would it?

I say this because I believe it was Dave Richard ( sorry if i got his name wrong ) said in a stream a few months back something about every 27 years, which is a Jeepers Creepers reference.

Just a thought of mine.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018

@not_Queen said:

Well if this isn't trolling then it wouldn't be Jeepers Creepers would it?

I say this because I believe it was Dave Richard ( sorry if i got his name wrong ) said in a stream a few months back something about every 27 years, which is a Jeepers Creepers reference.

Just a thought of mine.

They said its not gonna happen amd he probably got smacked behind the scenes for it.

Im glad about it too, i dont want DBD/BHVR to finance a convicted pedophile.
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

@Unit said:

It's definitely NOT this. They stated on the forums they are not pursuing this license.

Where did they state this on the forums, I don't think the would drop as big of a hint as they did for a license they are not pursuing.