Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Insane Game Breaking Glitch In the PTB

weirdkid5
weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
edited May 2018 in General Discussions

So for my very first game, I experienced something quite... extraordinary. I did not even get to properly test anything.

What I think happened is the game loaded the assets for me incorrectly. The game is supposed to load the map from the host, aka the Killer's game and computer. It seems to me there was some kind of weird mixup within the game, and the hitboxes and whatnot for the terrain were spawned properly, but all of the assets and actual objects were incorrectly placed for me, probably being somehow loaded from my client?

Ramps were messed up, generators unable to be worked on, teammates unable to be saved, and generally just walking around blind because I do not know what is real and what is fake. Almost as if I drank a little bit of The Clown's juice before the game started lmao

Here is the clip from Twitch: Insane Nonsense
Glad I was recording. This needs serious looking into @not_Queen @Jeff

Comments

• weirdkid5

Sorry about that, got the clip working properly on a link now. Making a direct link creates a window for my livestream for some reason.

• 51uk4y
    51uk4y Member Posts: 34
    They already mentioned it in PTB critical issues post. 
  • 51uk4y
    51uk4y Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2018
    http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/1039/critical-issues-ptb#latest
    Link here. 
    'It is possible for the procedural map generation to spawn the wrong tile on a single game client (causing a desync between the client and the server).'
  • weirdkid5

Ah ok thank you. That explains it well. Glad they are up on this one. Thanks for the heads up, let this post be an example of this insanity.

• Jeff
    Jeff Dev Posts: 46

Sorry for the late response @weirdkid5 - I just saw the notification for this post.

That was definitely a desync between the host and client, where both see different tiles at the same location. This issue should be fixed on the PTB now.

Thankfully, one of our fellow community members was kind enough to point you to the answer when you needed it :)

See you in the fog!