Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else wish you could filter killers to play against?

I thought this after encountering a bunch of horrible matches with Deathslinger. I hate him and he hasn't even been out for a week.

I hate encountering campers who are playing Deathslinger and I've encountered like eight the past couple of days.

Answers

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I don't. This would negatively affect the game a lot. Some killers would be outcasted for weaker killers and matchmaking would be an even bigger nightmare than it already is.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@DevinitelyAMoron

I personally wouldn't want that in the game either. If Survivors could filter out what Killers they don't want to face, than the variety in the game would suffer as a result. The queue times would also be longer and the overall experience in-game would be dull and bland.

If you say... filtered it so you only face M1 Killers, than wouldn't that get boring after 5 matches? The same chases over and over with no unique style to it. That's not to say M1 Killers are boring, but facing them in every chase can get kind of dull.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Best you can do is just adapt. If I get really unlucky and encounter a killer I don't like to go against quite often, I'll go to the nearest gen, hide around and wait for the killer to check it out, wait for him to leave, and then repair it, that way I'm not the first to be found and can be productive. Trust me, making sure you're not the first to be found against someone you dread to go against is the best feeling, it's like getting some breathing room.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

I dont. Aways learning to counter all the killers.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

I think the game should implement a reward system for playing certain survivors or killers a certain week or 2 out of the month. Besides the daily rituals make it so like you earn extra for hitting a 2 or 3 tier level of prizes. (Example play as Meg and do "X" 2 times to receive "Y" rewards. Do X 4 times and receive Y x2 etc) maybe make the rewards extra shards or auric cells or the final reward can be a cosmetic.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

I don't see why we need more reward systems...

We already have Daily Rituals, The Archives, BPS's, Puddings, Cakes, and the Shrine of Secrets for bonus BPs on already owned perks. The devotion system handles the shards, and I don't personally see Auric Cells being a reward, unless it's something like The Rifts system where you spend 1k Auric Cells and get 1k Auric Cells back when you get to Tier 70.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If it were just about me? Sure. But knowing what it would do to the game, the queue times and the experience of the killers I'm rejecting? Definitely not.

• DevinitelyAMoron
    DevinitelyAMoron Member Posts: 10

Tbf, this question wasn't only about me hating to play against Deathslinger, it was also because he causes extreme lag for some reason, and I am not sure why.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

That's odd, I would report that as a bug if I were you. You can do so in the Bug Reporting subforum here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

Be sure to include any relevant details, like your platform and maybe hardware specs if you're on PC.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

My issue is I prestige and earn BP and shards...and what can I do with it after all the hard work. You need so many shards to buy any decent cosmetic or a new unlicensed killer and BP is only used for perks and in game items. I know the DEVs want you to spend real money to get the really fun cosmetics but I think If I've been playing this game good and long enough I should be able to cash in my time and BP and shards for the same reward that people fork over $20 or more for off the bat.

• FireHazard

It's an interesting idea, but I don't entirely know if BHVR is game for it.

Converting Shards and BPs into Auric Cells would have to have an exchange system put in place, it would also require a means to distribute this in-general, through an exchange service? A mini-game? Or maybe a reward system that gives you Auric Cells for difficult tasks. Either way, I don't know if it's something they'd be interested in, but you never know of course, I can't write it off immediately since I don't work for BHVR.