Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Seeking advise on a discord issue.

Lifesbane_555
Lifesbane_555 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2020 in Ask the Community

This is my first time posting. I'm sorry if there is a specific format I'm not following for this but I need some advise or some outside perspective on an issue I'm having. (I have also posted this on reddit).

The root of the issue I'm facing is with the DBD discord and an incident that resulted in an instant ban from the server. Please review the story and pass judgment afterwards. I'm not coming here to complain and scream I'm honestly looking for some feed back. I'm certain that I'm being shafted by the staff and either need some reassurance and guidance on how to move forward, or closure that I'm being punished fairly.

Some context before I begin the story. The original post that was deemed banable was posted in the Memes channel of the DBD discord around the time when Hex: Ruin was changed. The ban didn't happen until two days after applying for a staff position that had recently opened up (several days after the post). I was not approached by staff about the post or given a warning for the post. I woke up one morning and I was just banned form the server. I had reached out to the official DBD support team via a support ticket and they said they can't do anything, they advised to seek an appeal through the server...that I was banned on? I was told figure it out and we can't help essentially. After working with some friends of mine who were still on the server, they had helped me get in contact with "Red" (one of the representatives or staff that deals with appeals. I'm calling him "Red" because I've blurred his name out with RED in the pictures in this post. I'm Green and a different mod I had tried reaching out to is covered in Blue.

There are a total of 6 conversational pictures and 2 pictures with the DBD discord rules that I had highlighted.

I should also add--- Lifesbane_555 is not my discord or steam username. This is an alias.

Post edited by Lifesbane_555 on

Answers

• Lifesbane_555
    Lifesbane_555 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Unfortunately, it's impossible for any of us to judge without seeing what you posted, and I'm quite certain that if the Discord mods thought it was worth a ban it wouldn't be allowed on here either. Furthermore, it's against the forum rules to discuss bans, which, although I don't know this for sure, I'm guessing includes bans from any of DBD's official platforms, so even if we did have the necessary context we wouldn't be permitted to discuss it here.

The best I can do for you is advise you to talk to one of the Community Coordinators about your problem, who I believe have at least some degree of authority in all DBD's official communication platforms. The best way to contact them is via Discord, and you can find links to both of their Discord profiles in this post here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87167/community-team-contact-info

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

We don't discuss bans on the forums, and Social Media bans are not able to be appealed.

This discussion has been closed.