Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

2 Iridescent Emblems as Killer?

KayK99
KayK99 Member Posts: 94

Hey community, just wanna ask, what the best/easiest ways are to get those, because I always end up with an iridescent gatekeeper and the rest Gold or silver. Any specific killers/perks or thing I should pay attention to?

Thank you :)

Answers

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Use Legion, you'll get chaser points very easily.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    edited March 2020

@KayK99

Generally, selecting an indoor Map such as Léry's, The Game or Hawkins helps.

• The Gatekeeper Emblem is normally the hardest to get. Ruin, Surveillance and Pop can help.
    • Getting the Devout Emblem is all about Hooking Survivors. Slugging doesn't help you get this Emblem. If you hook Survivors 9 times and get a 4k, you're good to go.
    • The Malicious Emblem is about hitting and hooking Survivors. If you hit Survivors many times and hook them all three times, you'll get it, especially if they don't heal.
    • The Chaser emblem is about hitting and downing Survivors quickly. Playing Killers that can end a Chase fast and have good map control, such as Spirit, Nurse, Freddy and Billy helps a lot. You can also equip Perks such as Enduring, Brutal Strength and Spirit Fury.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited March 2020

Any killer with an instadown or who tends towards long chases will typically suffer in emblems, so Hillbilly, Plague, Bubba, Myers, Oni and Ghostface are all less than ideal choices. Stealth killers (Wraith and Pig especially) are usually pretty good at emblems because they're all M1 killers who are good at getting lots of hits. Feel free to use the most powerful perks and add-ons you have, since these don't have any negative effect on your emblem scores but may help you to do well in the game.

Also, I know this sounds unfair but try very hard to be as "nice" as possible (i.e. no camping/tunnelling) because (a) you want them to rescue each other so you can get as many chases, hits and hooks as possible, and (b) the more you do things that survivors find "unfun", the more likely they are to do something spiteful and unsportsmanlike like DC or kill themselves on hook, which will hurt your emblem scores.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@KayK99

If you want a dumbed down version, just hit people A LOT with basic M1 attacks on every Killer, even if they have insta-down powers since that'll hinder your progress towards the chaser emblem.

The rest is as simple as the description says, Gatekeeper requires you to keep your generators from being finished, which rewards a point for every remaining Generator every minute for the first 9 minutes I believe. You gain extra points for keeping the gates closed WHEN they're powered.

The rest is simple, get a lot of hooks on the Survivors, make sure nobody dies instantly, etc etc. You basically want to play with the Survivors like they're flys in a web. Just make sure your Generators don't pop quickly during a long chase, and don't end the chases too quickly. Find a middle ground when chasing Survivors, since the game ironically rewards you for a decent chase, but punishes you for a long or short one.