The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DCing is still a problem

Lyro92
Lyro92 Member Posts: 104

The "solution" that you put out wasn't any kind of solution. People still DC left and right, it ruins the fun, makes it a big strain to have even one DC on the survivor side, and you've done nothing to really punish these people. Every other game doesn't tolerate people leaving, gives time bans, and bans to people who quit the game. CS-Go had a disclaimer when you readied up that read some matches can take a long time, do not ready up if you can't commit to staying for the whole match. Why should DBD be any different? What you introduced before about after a certain amount of games people would start to get banned was an empty threat. When asked, you never specified for how many games, no one actually saw any kind of ban wave. For all the proof you need that your system isn't working is to see the people that DC from every game. If people are still DCing, then it's not working. You need to introduce time bans for when people leave early.

Case in point (names removed for you, but the whole name shaming thing shouldn't exist for people who blatant leave games, they deserve to be known as a quitter):
https://i.gyazo.com/c70e6df78daffb4e44c68f2d039521b0.jpg

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Just an hour ago I was playing as survivor.
    The second nurse charged her blink the twitch streamer isntantly DCs, but it was my bad I didnt realize his twitchtv name in lobby..... (its sad that you have to lobby dodge as survivor too)

Just introduce queue time punishment for Dcs like ANY other competitive game has it, dota, lol, csgo, rainbow, rockertleauge whatever you take as example. Everyone punishes DCing because OFC its gonna be ridiculous if you dont do that, we see that in DBD because devs..... [insert bad word]

I dont think we need banns for DCing (sure keep the 80% DC automatic bot in if you want, it wont do anything anyway), I believe an increasing queue time punishment is enough. 5 min 1st DC, 15 2nd DC, 30 3rd etc etc

BTW GREAT FUCKIGN JOB WITH SPAMM FILTER, BRB 5 mins

• Lyro92
    Lyro92 Member Posts: 104

It should have been like that from the start for both sides, killers and survivors, Idk why the devs are so hell bent on not listening to the people who actually know the game. I could probably solve lets say 40% of the problems right away if they wanted to take my advice, but they'd rather listen to rank 20 survivors instead of the 1k hour plus people who really know the game. TydeTyme has tried to make this game better for so long, why don't they implement what he's suggested?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its really annoying, when i play survivor, its very rare for me to get a game without a DC (a DC is also when someone kills himself on the hook immediantly, in my opinion)
    like... its not even rare to get 3 DCs in my team. 3 DCs! #########?!?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mister_xD said:
    its really annoying, when i play survivor, its very rare for me to get a game without a DC (a DC is also when someone kills himself on the hook immediantly, in my opinion)

Well if one SWF member is pissed off, the other ones have to follow him aswell.....
    Killing yourself on hook isnt DCing though, its basically a concede option

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Master said:

@Mister_xD said:

Well if one SWF member is pissed off, the other ones have to follow him aswell.....

if someone kills himself immediantly n the hook, its the same outcome. one person out, 5 gens to go 1 killer on the loose.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Mister_xD said:

@Master said:

@Mister_xD said:

if someone kills himself immediantly n the hook, its the same outcome. one person out, 5 gens to go 1 killer on the loose.

True, but it's not against the rules and won't result in a ban.