Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is there any point to prestiging?

Junebug
Junebug Member Posts: 64

Like, cosmetics, sure, I guess. But is it worth even a /tiny/ bit more chance of iridescents on the bloodweb if you have to invest another 2 mil BP to get back up to 50 and even then possibly not get the perks you need? The game is already difficult to play without very specific perk sets, and I don't want to willingly take the L because I got suckered into this pointless prestige mechanic that everyone borrowed from CoD a decade ago. I'd rather show off my dedication to the game by, idk, trying to become as skilled as possible instead of pumping up numbers to get cosmetics that make me feel like I'm special.

But on the other hand, every BP spent past 50 is blood that could have been spent leveling a prestige. I've got all but 2 of my survivors with all shared, and all of my killers. I feel like eventually I may decide that I want to prestige a character, and then feel stupid for having spent it on non prestigeable progression.

Anyone else share my dilemma?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Junebug

I personally don't share your issue, but I can understand what you mean.

If you're not into the cosmetics that Prestige l, ll, and lll brings or the small item rarity boost... than there isn't really a big reason to even bother. For me personally, I P3-50 because Prestige 3 is the last Prestige before it caps at P3-50. Being at Prestige 3 erases any worries of losing perks, offerings/old offerings, and add-ons/items from my inventory... since there isn't a prestige after 3.

Besides not worrying about losing that stuff, it also gives me a sense of accomplishment, since that's honestly our one main objective to grind for. Some players only seek to get every perk and that's all, but to others that love grinding it's an alternative option to seek out. It's a long and sometimes tedious task, but it's indeed a goal that gives each player something to strive for!

Personally, if there wasn't a Prestige system than my grinds would be a lot shorter... in the time it took to get my 14 P3-50s, I could've easily maxed out every character on both sides. But because this system exists, it keeps me from losing interest in the grind itself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game as much as everyone else! But if I didn't have an objective (this goes for any game I play), than I wouldn't have a reason to play at all. I would of course play from time to time for fun, but having no objective would cause me to play a lot less.

For players like me, it's not about the cosmetics or keeping your items safe, it's more-so about having something to work for.

as for prestiging itself...

Being at P1, P2, or P3 only boosts your chances of getting more items, rarer items, etc... that's about it. Many players have compiled that these changes are only minor, so it's not really a big change in itself.

As for Prestiging as a whole, it's just a goal for some players, as said above. If you worry about losing perks, items, etc from it, than you should prestige to the max prestige to qualm that issue. But that's up to you, P3ing in-general takes a lot of time and dedication, it's not as simple as playing a few games in one day, that's probably why some players like it, like me for example.