Deathgarden Runner mask cosmetic

Sorry if it's been asked before but in order to get the Runner Mask cosmetic for Meg do I have to preorder the game through the site or will I get the cosmetic if I buy the game through Steam?
Also, do you get the cosmetic automatically?

Thanks in advance <3

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Download the free version of DeathGarden and enter it. You will get a notification of receiving it @MysterTal

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157

@Milo said:
    Download the free version of DeathGarden and enter it. You will get a notification of receiving it @MysterTal

What do you mean free version?

• Succubuzz
    Succubuzz Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2018

If you play the free version (14th till the 21st) you also get the cosmetics apparently, no need to buy the game at all.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Succubuzz said:
    If you play the free version (14th till the 21st) you also get the cosmetics apparently, no need to buy the game at all.

This is what i mean by free version

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

You just need to own both games. Playing Deathgarden during the free week will give you access to the masks during that time but only during that time unless, at some point, you purchase the game.

• Succubuzz
    edited August 2018

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    You just need to own both games. Playing Deathgarden during the free week will give you access to the masks during that time but only during that time unless, at some point, you purchase the game.

you honestly believe that? this is BHVR we are talking about, i honestly dont believe "free to play" people were meant to get the masks at all, and i seriously doubt they will lose the masks once the "free to play" period ends.

I mean, just look at the L4D2 cosmetics, you could buy the game and get the cosmetics, then refund L4D2 and still keep the cosmetics..

I hope they stick by what they say, and remove access to the masks from people who dont own the game, but i wont believe it till it actually happens.

• MojoTheFabulous

@Succubuzz said:

you honestly believe that? this is BHVR we are talking about, i honestly dont believe "free to play" people were meant to get the masks at all, and i seriously doubt they will lose the masks once the "free to play" period ends.

Yes, I do believe that: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13799/deathgarden-x-dead-by-daylight/p1?new=1

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

You have to own both games to have the mask.

If you do the Free2Play thing, you will have the mask for that duration of time since you technically have both games, after that time is over, then you will no longer have the mask.

• Succubuzz

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Succubuzz said:

Yes, I do believe that: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13799/deathgarden-x-dead-by-daylight/p1?new=1

so nice of you to ignore 90% of my reply, read it again and try another reply.

• MojoTheFabulous

@Succubuzz said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Succubuzz said:

so nice of you to ignore 90% of my reply, read it again and try another reply.

I read it all. I'll just stick with oFFicial word on the matter.