Guys, how do I go about reporting a hacker?

CasualGamer21
CasualGamer21 Member Posts: 25
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So basically I was playing a match, and I literally see someone sink in the ground and stay there while a killer was around. I know that person was 100% hacking since I had bond and watched them run about underground. This was so unfair to the killer, he disconnected and probably lost a pip cause of a douche in my team.

I know what person it is since me and the person underground is healthy. So how do I go about reporting this guy?

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited March 2020

You need to first have reported them in the post-game tally screen using the report button next to their name. If you didn't do that, unfortunately there's nothing else that can be done about it. If you did, the next step is to send a ticket to Support with any video evidence you have of the incident attached. Video evidence is not compulsory, but it is often necessary to get such people punished because the team are very careful about banning anyone without conclusive evidence that the player in question broke the rules.

Here is the direct link to contact Support about a player's report: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=191426

If you want to know more in future about reportable offences and how to go about reporting them correctly, you can check the Game Rules post here on the forums: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

• CasualGamer21

Okay luckily I didn't close the match end part, so I did report post game. Also I don't have video but I did have multiple screenshots of this person directly below another player under the ground. It also shows that the person underground is healthy (my bond perk shows me), everyone else except me was injured. Which proves it was that specific player. I want that player to be punished because it must have sucked for the killer.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Well, I don't know if anything will happen or not, but by all means send those screenshots to the Support team via the link I provided above 😊

• Humanarian
    Humanarian Member Posts: 230

The thing is... we shouldn't even be forced to report such players. The game should have a way of automatically detecting such things and suspend those players' account until the Support team looks into it and makes a decision if it's a false alarm or not. There must be a much better control over the situations like the one you have experienced. And yet... It appears to be one of many things the developers fail at.

• CasualGamer21

Tell me about it dude.. If I wanted, I could have easily continued the match and I guess escaped EZ since well, can't kill a hacker easily.

What really got to me was that he was teabagging the killer and then disappearing as if that's something to gloat about. Plenty of toxicity already, it's about time us players actually did something about it.

• Humanarian
    Humanarian Member Posts: 230

Achievement Unlocked: "A new level of pathetic" (While playing as a Survivor, turn on at least 1 hack and teabag a Killer repeatedly throughout the match).