Why are the developers not adressing gen speeds?!

Dioh
Dioh Member Posts: 5
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Its been a while since the ruin nerf/destruction and absolutely nothing has been done since to fix the early game for killers. A single mistake for a killer can spell disaster for a killer and the only thing killer can bring to elevate this is a morri or noed. (and we all know what survivors think about noed)

Yet survivors are riddled with second chance and crutch perks.

Half the roster is unplayable in higher ranks and god forbid you face a swf team of any kind.

Playing killer is stressful and sucks.

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

oh they addressed it. they basically said that for them it's normal losing 2 gens at the start of the match, despite they literally never talked about it before people started pointing it out; with such an answer they're probably not gonna do something relevant in the future updates.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I mean it hasnt been that long since the ruin change and even then we've since had nerfed toolboxes.

Its not as easy as just add 10 seconds to gens. Ideally one survivor is on the hook, one in chase, one going for unhook and one on a gen. If you end up with a second down before the unhook things will steamroll. And when one survivor is dead things snowball into the killers favour very easily.

I do think changes need to happen but blanket gen speed time increases will not help. They have already said they are looking at maps and are bringing changes to them (Badham, Lerys, etc) but to expect an easy solution such as just flipping a switch is not acknowledging the complexity of the situation.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

They did address it. Ruin nerf was a start. Now toolboxes are nerfed to the ground. Which was needed after ruin nerf.

You cant get 4 survivors all in chase at 1 time so you are of course going to lose a genny or two early. It is Not the end of the game when you lose 2 gennys btw.

Also we know some killers are weaker than others. They cant all be equal because of different powers. You want to dominate take a strong killer. You like playing another killer, accept a lower kill average.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Cause even before the change many players were able to play without ruin, and theyre the best example that ranting about gen speed is just nonsense. Gen speeds didnt cahnge and they were fine and will always be fine as they are.

• angelnsky
    angelnsky Member Posts: 17

are you kidding me? they already nerfed generators and out tool boxes. why dont you just say "once we look at a survivor they should die". Next you'll want all survivors to start injured during they trial. the devs continue nerfing us because of there own experiences when playing the game. if you only play it once a month ofcourse youre going to suck.

If killers are no good as they are and were why are there even level 1 killers. Get good pleb

• walookeyes
    walookeyes Member Posts: 10

I think most of them are toxic surv mains.

You can tell by looking at this forum, (there is one dev in particular i am referring to) they mostly take part in this forum to defend abusive surv mechanics and perks and to exalt the non-existing killer power.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2020

Use discoordance. No gen rush guaranteed.