Anyone NEVER been in a hatch standoff before?

Options

Like what is wrong with all of you people lol.. if I am survivor and the killer is near the hatch i give him a couple seconds to whack me then I just jump in grab or grab not who cares lol. Same with killer... these people who have hatch standoffs anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, you are sick lol.

Side note, I didnt play a match as killer, went AFK to get food about 2 gens in, ending up the hatch spawned right in front of me. I get back about 30 minutes later and see the match it still going on and the survivor is like... scouting the area waiting for me to leave... thats sick.

Comments

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options
    I personally refuse to spend anywhere between an extra 10 minutes to over and hour over a small victory. I'll normally just hit the Survivor and let them jump in. I think it is crazy when you hear about 2+ hour stand offs, like ######### lol.
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

People will play this game how they see fit.
    It's not "sick" to them. If you don't like hatch standoffs avoid them.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@qpwoeiruty said:
    Like what is wrong with all of you people lol.. if I am survivor and the killer is near the hatch i give him a couple seconds to whack me then I just jump in grab or grab not who cares lol. Same with killer... these people who have hatch standoffs anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, you are sick lol.

Side note, I didnt play a match as killer, went AFK to get food about 2 gens in, ending up the hatch spawned right in front of me. I get back about 30 minutes later and see the match it still going on and the survivor is like... scouting the area waiting for me to leave... thats sick.

A person playing DBD has to have a very special character in general. I am not surprised at all that some players actually have standoffs over several hours and actually are ready to react all the time.

Usually when someone forces me into an standoff I get sth to eat and watch a movie/series, come back after 45 mins or sth and hit the survivor/enter hatch.
    Its always funny when the other guy argues in the endgame chat that he was afk all the time and just came back when I entered hatch/downed him. It always makes me wonder what these guys are actually doing with their life :lol:

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

I honestly never had a hatchet stand off as a killer or survivor. As a killer, I chase and hunt and if you get the hatchet, good on you. As a survivor, you want to stand on the hatchet, great. I will be over there working on gens. Not a stand off if you do not participate in the stand off.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    As killer, I will give it a minute tops to see of they YOLO and give me the grab.  If they do, I take the grab points and drop them on the hatch.  ,if not, I hit them and move on.  Just plain not worth the time.

As a survivor, if will YOLO if I'm playing solo, but in SWF it depends.  If the killer earned it, I'll just give them the damn hook and move on.  If they facecamped the first hook, I'll sit there until I have three garbage crows and run out of things to talk about in discord.
  • OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125
    Options

I just always let the last survivor have the hatch or drop them on the hatch. I hate double piping...

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I haven't but that's because I just don't do them. As a killer I just assume the last survivor escapes because that's how the game is designed. As a survivor I just YOLO the hatch and see what happens. :)

in dbd there is no yolo, there is only yol.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Been in one, yes. I don't get in them anymore. It's not worth sitting there for half an hour for a trivial amount of points. I just hit them and let them go. If I already killed three people, I probably don't need the points anyway, I'm probably capped at that point. Especially given the 2,500 points are deviousness, and I play trapper.

Same for survivor. I don't need the points that bad.

In the time you spend sitting there for a few thousand points, you could start another round and get way more.
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

Aye, once. When I was sailing 'round the Arctic...

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options
    Just slug the second last one.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

I've never cared to put up with it. Just whack them and move on to the next game.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options
    I never have.  I'd rather just get on to the next one.  On the other hand, I have been in matches stuck looking around for the last guy because he wants to play hide and seek and just wants me to SEE him jump in. 
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options

I've never cared to put up with it. Just whack them and move on to the next game.

Same here. Its just not worth it.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I sit for 2 minutes to see what killer/survivor does. Then i just hit them or go to the hook

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I used to, but not anymore.