do the killers hate their job and dislike the entity

Options
Prasie_Atua
Prasie_Atua Member Posts: 17

I get they were all murder before they were taken and enjoy killing but dont they get tired of killing people everyday every second are they being forced to do this and what happens if they disobey the entity

Comments

• Prasie_Atua
    Prasie_Atua Member Posts: 17
    Options

*murders

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited March 2020
    Options

It depends on the Killer in question.

Some of them probably do, but none of them have any choice in the matter really. If they don't do their job the Entity may torture them or discard them into the Void.

In a word, they are very much being forced to kill. It's more a question of how willing they are to kill and how much duress they are under from being forced to kill.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

The Spirit didnt kill before. She was killed by his father. Or am i wrong?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2020
    Options

The way I see it, some of them are loyal, some of them are disloyal

I am too lazy to explain each one of them, so I just made a tier list based on how loyal each killer is to the entity.

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options

I think Plague and Demo fit into the loyal + unaware category, as the Demogorgon is just a creature that kills things and the plague wants to appease the gods with human sacrifice so that she'll be cured. Oni seems like he's loyal and knows what's going on, as he is fueled by rage like the spirit but also very cruel and bloodthirsty.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

I actually think Oni might be in the same category as someone like Hag who has become fully devoid of humanity. His Mori involves ripping out a Survivor's tongue at the end, which is something he only did to people who used their speech to dishonor his name- So why exactly would he do it to random Survivors?

IMO given his physical alterations, much like the Hag his thought process is probably unrecognisable and he's essentially just going through the motions that he was when massacring people. He slaughters people with his kanabo and rips out tongues but is no longer capable of having a motivation to do so, he just keeps doing it endlessly and is stuck in the same furious, raging state forever.

• Jrfrost
    Jrfrost Member Posts: 16
    Options

I would assume if the killers ever did get bored of killing the same people over and over the entity could probably do some freaky voodoo shenanigans and possibly just wipe memory it could tie in to the glowing eyes theory aswell

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I personally wouldn't say Amanda is happy to kill.

Her lore implies that she does it out of necessity or principle rather than something she outright enjoys.

She deluded herself into thinking John passed her onto The Entity so her misguided ideology about people not deserving a second Chance was correct

• Jrfrost
    Jrfrost Member Posts: 16
    Options

Ok gang the weird spider monster says that to stick together we need to do its bidding

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

@VolantConch1719

One great theory I've heard is that the entity let's each member of The Legion see each other post trial, which would make sense considering Frank was the only one who was truly fine with killing the janitor.

• EthanW
    EthanW Member Posts: 82
    Options

Lmao The Entity has no idea what changes to do with Legion so It is like a frustrated parent, I can hear it saying "alright, I gave you Nemesis, what more do you want Frank?! Wait 3 more months I'll see what I can do"

• TheBoostedRookie
    TheBoostedRookie Member Posts: 28
    Options

To be fair, Oni absolutely hates being called Oni-Yamaoka, yet the Entity forced his face into an Oni mask and the Sanctum of Wrath that came alongside him has the statue that he thought mocked him, and subsequently destroyed. This, in my opinion, is the Entity using triggers from his life to force him to get angry and kill, because he wouldn't listen to it otherwise. That's why I don't think the Oni is aware to his loyalty, just blinded by rage to what's truly going on.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

Note that the Oni's Mori involves him ripping out the Survivor victim's tongue, which he only did to people he thought spoke about him dishonorably. Unless he's THAT insulted by people screaming at his presence, I assume he's either in a state of utter delusion and believes all the Survivors are doing things like calling him an Oni, or he, like Hag, has no trace of his own humanity left and is simply going through the motions of what he was doing when he was grabbed by the Entity without understanding why he's doing it anymore.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,986
    Options

Legion can also assumed to be enjoying it since their ability is literally getting into the hunt and stabbing as much as possible to cause pain and suffering

Demogorgon at base is a hungry animal, but it's easy to prove the Entity has full control over the demo, judging by how it picks up and hooks survivors instead of outright killing them, as well as understanding the rules of the hunt (Gen's can't be done or it's "food" escapes, there's 2 exits, it understands the hatch is a potential escape route and that it can close it, etc)

• Piggy_main
    Piggy_main Member Posts: 2
    Options

Isn't demo connected to a completely separate being (mind flayer)

• Piggy_main
    Piggy_main Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308
    edited March 2021
    Options

I don't think they dislike their jobs or the Entity, I just think they need a bigger wage.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Michael is not afraid of The Entity, I even think he challenges him, I mean, he is the only killer who has addons to kill survivors, that can indicate that Myers resists his manipulation and even if The Entity tries to hurt him or kill him, he could not against the incarnation of evil itself.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

Yeah, I agree with this. Generally, the more messed up the killer looks, the more the Entity had to 'convince them' to come into its realm and do the killings for it.

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

Plague believes the entity to be one of the gods of her time and sees it as the one who saved her civilization

Demo is like a dog that works for the entity to appease its hunger

Oni is tormented by the entity as it turned him into what he fears most