Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is anyone having issues with running?

My character slows down to a mild speed walk after two seconds of running. Even with no sprint compromising perks. Suggestions on what’s up?

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

What platform are you on? Sounds like it could be a problem with your keyboard/controller.

• SheIsBane
    SheIsBane Member Posts: 2

I’m on PlayStation. I’ve tried playing other games and it’s fine. So confused!

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

When does this usually happen? Is it every time you start sprinting? And are you sure you're not using any haste-based perks (Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, Poised, etc.)?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@SheIsBane

I'm not that familiar with Console controls, but I believe your run speed is tied to how far your joystick is being pushed. Perhaps it's an issue with your settings or the controller itself?

Try looking at the settings and see if everythings fine, afterwards you can test if it's the joystick that's the issue with a KYFs match. You did say that it's fine for other games, but I have a feeling that it's something more deeprooted with your settings. Just a hunch though.