Playing killer in DBD SUCKS

Options

It's almost impossible to play as a killer, as soon as the game start 2 minutes later they finish me 2 gens, it's very pathetic and not healthy for the game, and some survivors tell me to do more pressure, but it's impossible to chase everyone at the same time, specially on large maps with too many pallets, when I chase one, 3 are free to do gens. I don't know if it's a problem devs are going to fix but I won't play as a killer till gen rushing got fixed, LIKE SERIOUSLY FIX YOUR DAMN GAME FOR ONCE.. disappointed.

Comments

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Its impossible to play killer because of gen rush yeah so just switch to survivors so i could kill you more.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

The problems you listed in your comment are all caused by inexperience. I assume you've not played for long and are getting put against experienced survivors who know how to run you around and do the objective. If you stick around and get more practice, eventually you'll shorten your chases and learn when to rotate between survivors to prevent them from doing the objective. It takes time though. This game has a steep learning curve.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Idk personally I like it. Find someone you're good at and like playing, and stick with them to learn them inside out.

For example im learning new things to do as doc whenever I play him. Wraith is play less but I still have fun with him. Freddy is straight forward but you have some really cool moments with him and his gen teleport.

If course gens would pop at the start, you're applying the least amount of pressure. However once you get your first hook things slow down significantly. What I like to do is spawn in and immidiately find a good place for a gen lock/three gen. Defend that place pretty well and you're guaranteed at least a 2k because they can't do the last one or two gens. I love the surveillance/surge combo here, and Pop really helps too.

Overall, find someone and learn em. You start having way more fun.

PC EU ranks vary from 5 to 1 each season depending on how much I play.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

@op We know.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

The more you play killer the more you will see your game as a killer really start when 2 or 3 gen are done forget the early go all in with the late game noed and blood wqrden are your best friend in those time now that ruin is gone i think survivor never cleanse all the 5 totem before the egc start . If you dont want to use those then bring an ivory mori and tunnel the guy you hook so you can make this a 3v1 early like that you will get a easier time to do your objective

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 647
    Options

Had you just took the time to go on YouTube to watch some pro killer plays, you would have understood that your argument is invalid and actually learned how to be a better killer so you too can start catching survivors and winning games.

• FKreuger1
    FKreuger1 Member Posts: 43
    Options

I've found discordance is a great early game perk which can help chase off 2 survivors from a gen if you get lucky, it also really helps the snowball start rolling if you down someone and know theres another close by. Hope this helps improve your game.

• Destructa
    Destructa Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2020
    Options

yeah you guys act like gen rushing isn't a thing, especially when many streamers complain about this and many players too. I know how to put pressure on gens, Also I play with freddy who is a strong killer but sometimes it's just not enough.. maybe that's the reason why people stop playing killer, idk

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Gen rushing doesnt exist. Its a killer made up issue to distract from their lack of skill and gamesense. If you have problem dealing with th core mechanic of survivors, just look how plenty of other killer players are able to deal with it, even without being toxic or cheap.

• NotAsian
    NotAsian Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Options

"Hey you new killer just get better! Also get more bloodpoints and buy all the characters so you have the perks to play! if you don't we will just laugh and then complain how the lobbies take forever"

Every person in this thread disagreeing with the op is a complete idiot, there are always 4 survivors as a result there are 4 chances to draw a very experienced survivor, or higher chances to draw a experienced group of survivors since inexperienced survivors don't play in groups. The effect of this is its impossible to play killer and enjoy yourself if you are inexperienced, which results in only experienced killers, which results in a bad experience for inexperienced survivors, which results in a death spiral for the game since no inexperienced players can play whenever experienced players are playing.

"But perks don't effect the game that much" mmhmm stop using perks then and get back to me.

The cause of the problem is the matchmaking, why on earth would a rank 20 killer be pitted against 3 rank 8s and a rank 12? Why would I as a rank 12 killer (now rank 16) be pitted against a whole day of lobbies where there are rank 5s?

"Play another game like civ 5" what an amazing solution... You think people aren't already doing that? Something has to be done about this games matchmaking.

"Stop playing killer and play survivor" If all the killers switched to survivor what would happen? The devs aren't thinking.

EDIT: Yes I know hes complaining about gen rushing, but we all know this is a symptom of skill imbalance

Post edited by NotAsian on
  • PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655
    Options

First off, this thread is nearly 9 months old, the state of the game has changed a bit in that time.

Matchmaking is terrible, because emblem system doesn't factor in the actual skill of the player. As a survivor, you can just repair gens, cleanse some totems, get a few unhooks, and die immediately in chase and still pip up. Rank is more of an indicator on how many games you play than how good you are at the game.

Perks are very important, playing with bad perks as a killer is like asking to de-pip.

As for skill imbalance, there are things killers need to know, like how to run each tile, which pallets are safe and things like that. Youtube and streamers can be a great resource for learning these things.

When you do get a group of experienced survivors, avoid any survivor that finds you, points at you or clicks their flashlight. They are confident in their abilities, look for someone else. Try to find the weak link on the survivor side and exploit their lesser skill to get pressure by letting allies body block or by leaving the weak-link slugged.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

You're complaining about something that has been complained about since this game released. It's not going to change much if at all anytime soon. Which means you need to get better at pressuring them off generators. You can slug, you have gen perks, you have perks like devour hope given it doesn't get cleansed, you have ruin, and all the other good killer perks.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options

Even if you play god-like at the start of them game it's not rare to see 2 gen pop as you get your second hook.

• lupo_grigio
    lupo_grigio Member Posts: 126
    Options

yes, but dont expect anything to be fix in that level so soon, or never really

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

This is only really a problem when you play vs SWF I rarely ever get solo's that do gens quickly and coordinated and that's mostly due to the fact that MMR is still not in the game but once that comes in the game, you can expect every survivor on your team to be competent. Also a lot of good killers with thousands of hours get rocked by random SWF all the time watch any streamer and they occasionally lose don't believe people on these forums blindly, observe and make your own assumptions.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    edited December 2020
    Options

I agree that inexperience no doubt plays a factor here, but this is inherently one of dead by daylights biggest flaws, in that there's no way to practice the basics. You're forced to compete, and with matchmaking being in the state that it is, means that you're most likely going to be sweating your ass off while you practice, and that's not helpful for anybody let alone new players.

And let's not forget too that DBD is essentially pay to win since all the best perks are attached to licensed killers and survivors. Newer players don't want to fork over money for something that they're not having fun with. The game doesn't teach you how to play, it doesn't let you practice by yourself, the matchmaking is abysmal, so it's not hard to see why people would forgo buying DLC.

The game should provide everyone with perks that allow everyone to hold their own without the need for DLC.