If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Still disconnecting from matches

Options
Jyrex
Jyrex Member Posts: 22
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting

can somebody explain whats happening?, already got a 1 hour ban because of this without any intention of disconnecting?, is not my connection, so... whats happening? why im able to see killer's build when it happen? even if the match is not over.. because i played with friends, since i started playing this game, this kind of "bug" or i dont know what it is just move me off the match, for no reason.. the game works properly then it freeze and well.. you can see it

IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE CHECK THIS DISCUSSION AND ATTACH YOUR LOG PLS, DEVS DIDNT ANSWER THIS POST BUT THEY DO IN THIS ONE: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/138999/youre-not-the-only-one-with-constant-dcs-every-game-pls-fix-dbd

Post edited by Jyrex on
21 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

If you encounter this bug on PC, could you attach your logs when the issue occurs? Logs can be obtained by following this guide: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/kb/articles/146-finding-your-log-file

Comments

• Cachorinho
    Cachorinho Member Posts: 7
    Options

Same here :/

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

The screen cap you posted show the killer also disconnected. Regardless of a player disconnect, if the killer disconnect its game over, and thus his build would be seen. No advantage to your friends as the match is over. I suspect what happened is that you glitched out of the match (hence your post) and the killer needed a rift challenge. Since killer had no way to complete the challenge they quit... just a suggestion based on what I see on your screen cap.

• hanscardoso
    hanscardoso Member Posts: 83
    Options

It's always like that, the game shows both me and the killer as disconnected, but the game goes on normally.

Sometimes two or three people fall at the same time from the match.

• hanscardoso
    Options

Please Fix this problem or remove the penalties.

• Jyrex
    Options

im telling you that i was playing with friends when it happened, and the killer wasnt DC

• Jyrex
    edited March 2020
    Options

got a 6 hours ban without even intentionally DC, man this feels great... i mean awesome...

since you can be killed easily in the first time u're hooked, whats the reason to penalize people for DC, they will just throw the game anyway so, at least if you cant resolve this problem try to dont exagerate with the duration of this, actually i cant play for a long time and i cant do anything about it..

• hanscardoso
    Options

After waiting 1hr for my last ban, it happened again in the first match i played. I'm loosing my hope in this game.

• Jyrex
    Options

I was playing with friends when it happened so, no.. the killer didnt DC they told me

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Nope, cause this happened to me recently.

I was in a match against a Leatherface. He hooked and killed all three other survivors, and he had hooked me once. When the last survivor was sacrificed, he closed the hatch. I rushed over and opened the exit gate. I got the gate open, ran to the back of the exit gate... and the game wouldn't let me leave. He didn't have blood warden. Even if he DID, there were no survivors he could've hooked to activate the perk. The killer ran up to me, downed me, and that's when the game quit on me. It counted it as a DC for me and the killer. (I don't know if they got a penalty or not, but I know that I did). I seriously doubt he disconnected. What reason would he have? And why didn't it let me go through the exit, and then afterward he come up to me and try to pick me up?

Had a match as Pig today. Game kicked me out for no good reason. These things happen too frequently for there to be six hour penalties.

• SassySolidSnake
    SassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65
    Options

This happened to me today!! It's absolutely ridiculous!!

• hanscardoso
    Options

A little update, it happened again, after not happening in my shared account

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

sigh just happened to me again. Internet working fine, but the game starts to lag for no good reason and I get disconnected. At least its only an hour penalty right now, but now I have to quit playing the rest of the day all because of the server.

• Jyrex
    Options

well, it happened again. I dont know what to say actually, seems like noone cares.. time to move on i guess xD

• Fernandes
    Fernandes Member Posts: 7
    Options

Its happening all the time.. and its really frustrating see the game come at this point.. We spend a lot of money in DLC's and cosmetics to have fun and enjoy the game at his max but we cant even play because of the disconnecting issue..

it's sad man...

And still havent seen any feedback by the devs...

• Batman3333
    Batman3333 Member Posts: 92
    Options

Im having the same issue, got kicked out of the game 2 times today, my penalty times are increasing and its not even my fault

• budiz6
    budiz6 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Me and my gf both got dc at the same time, and same screen, with the "Killer DC" in score tabs

• Chiquito
    Chiquito Member Posts: 27
    Options

six hours penalties? you are privileged then lol I have 72 hours ban and it's not even my fault

dc penalty is ruining the game and it just moves the wrong players away bc the quitters can kill thenselves on the first hook so what's the point? remove this crap for god sake

• Katie28
    Katie28 Member Posts: 22
    Options

Same here, multiple times a day and my ban is now 6hrs.. Support blame my Internet but modem logs show no drop outs and ps4 is connected to the modem.

Frustrating as hell.

• Valerie
    Valerie Member Posts: 1
    Options

same here, the game is kinda doomed. I'm only on my 20-minute ban, but I feel like it's going to get worse... So I`m scared to play.

I wrote to support and they sent me to this forum, promising to pass information about the bug to QA team. They told me to be patient and provided no timeline. Although issue status is "solved" now... Frustrating as hell.

• Darkkfall
    Darkkfall Member Posts: 8
    Options

Here still the same thing, i'm always getting DC, I think it's only me but... :/ I'm losting hope in this game... I love so much this game but :/

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    Options

PS4 too... Fix this please

• slipttees
    edited March 2020
    Options

again....

• alyssagray
    alyssagray Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am also having Disconnecting problems. It happens randomly and I am usually surviving with friends. I hope they fix the servers or the requirements for the DC.

• slipttees
    edited March 2020
    Options

again....again and again...

I found a fix

at least until you solve this problem with the servers. The worst problem is that BHVR does not have a word on the matter. Many people reporting this problem on all platforms.

• slipttees
    Options

Cmon BHVR

• AdanWill
    AdanWill Member Posts: 57
    Options

almost 2 or 3 weeks with the same issue any answer is just "its your connection" or "its your computer" any ticket they just read the part where i said i was banned and say that they cant remove someones ban

• slipttees
    Options

Are finding me with the players are idiots. When they stop playing due to lack of respect. In every update there are several new bugs and another old one.

• slipttees
    Options

Open ticker and...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Unfortunately, we are unable to revert or remove this penalty for your account.

Regarding the disconnection penalties that are currently implemented in the game, please note that disconnection through matches is penalized with the following scenarios (but not limited to):

Turning off your PC/console, disconnecting your Internet, closing the game, or leaving a match through the leave match button.

These penalties will start off small enough that the occasional outage should not be noticeable; your timer should be gone by the time your Internet comes back on, for example. If you are losing connection frequently, please be sure to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Losing connection to matches negatively affects the enjoyment of the other four players in the match.

We advise our players to resolve possible problems that might be causing these disconnections (ex. game crashes, network issues) by sending a new ticket about these issues before playing again to avoid further inconveniences.

Thank you very much for your understanding. If you have other questions, let us know and we'll do our best to answer it.

Stay safe out there...

The Dead by Daylight Team

The problem is always with our internet or PC / Console.

• AdanWill
    edited March 2020
    Options

they dont care to read all just the ban part a lot of people having the same issue people who played before and never had it, but its easier to blame the player connection or pc, this happened to streamers mid live but its "the player connection" im quite sure this will stay like this unsolved, i would really love to enjoy the game but the only way for this to be fixed is when even more people get the same issue

• slipttees
    Options
  • AdanWill
    Options

they are collecting log files from this issue at a discussion on techinical issues the discussion name is : "youre-not-the-only-one-with-constant-dcs-every-game-pls-fix-dbd" is the best chance we got to find any solution, im also with this problem

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    Options

same thing happenet to me today i was playing killer and randomly game disconnected and received penalty too for nothing !! @Mcote_BHVR

• AdanWill
    Options

are you on pc?there is a discussion on techinical support "youre-not-the-only-one-with-constant-dcs-every-game-pls-fix-dbd" they are collecting log files to help solve this problem, im also having this issue

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,710
    Options

a few weeks ago I had this literally happen while the entity was carrying my corpse into the sky. The best reward for not ragequitting is to have the game ragequit for you seconds before it registers your death :)

• AdanWill
    edited April 2020
    Options

i got a "game ragequit" while i was 1 feet to escape i think the game raged cause i won for once, the escape animation was almost starting and i got ban :p

• Jyrex
    Options

I always comeback to my post when this happens and its ruining all the experience... cant even complain to my internet company even, since I dont even know if they are the problem cause I checked it a lot of times and dont notice any problem so, dont know what it is but gg, I simply feel like the game dont want to let me play, and just throw me away for no reason..

• slipttees
    Options

gotcha!

• Vammatar
    Vammatar Member Posts: 89
    Options

I just had this happen to me today. I am so upset and frustrated. Please fix this behavior

• Vammatar
    Vammatar Member Posts: 89
    Options

I even lost a pip. I shouldn't be punished for a connection failure that wasn't my falt

• slipttees
    Options

just wait. It's already been blocked for about 3 days.

• SavianCoco
    SavianCoco Member Posts: 3
    Options

Same thing for me. I’ve been playing since about 9am... it’s now 5pm and I think I’ve had 5 matches played from beginning to end without disconnecting... & about 30 disconnects. Super frustrating.

• Jyrex
    Options

got 48 hours ban already, nice ...

• slipttees
    Options

I stopped playing this bug (game). After opening a ticket and the support says it can't help. So who can? They waste more time with cosmetics, cosplay, nerfs than with the stability of the game.

I'm leaving. Good bugs for everyone. I mean Game.

• SlimeyRex
    SlimeyRex Member Posts: 14
    Options

Did you guy's it least try DMZ Yet? After I turned that on I haven't disconnected once.

• alyssagray
    alyssagray Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have the same problem with disconnection issues on PC. While I have Task manager up, it shows that even when the internet's send and receive patterns are normal, I still disconnect randomly from the game. I have never disconnected from matches so much until dedicated servers.