If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

DbD crashes whenever I boot it up

Options
Blensidi
Blensidi Member Posts: 11

Hello,

since 3 days ago or so my DbD does not want to launch anymore. After I press play on Steam the application pops up but I cannot enter it and I can still hear the intro in the beackround and then I also get this window named "Dead By Daylight Crash Reporter":

I also was not able to launch Dota 2 back then (it basically opened up and then closed by itself) so I tried the following things:

-Updating my Graphics Driver

-Installing Driver Booster 6 and other automatic software driver updaters to ensure every single one of my drivers are up todate

-Checking in Device-Manager whether there are Drivers missing or outdated which was not the case (at least i couldnt see the yellow triangle sign)

-Reinstalling the game aswell as Steam

-In the end I also checked on my BIOS version to see if it was outdated and indeed it was. Mine hd F8 version whilst the recent one was F11c so basically 3 versions newer. After updating my BIOS, Dota 2 was fixed and I could start it up and continue playing it though DbD had still the same issue.

My specs are:

-Gtx 1660 Ti

-Intel i5-8500

-32Gb (16x2) 3200Mhz

I dont play DbD that often so I dont know what might have caused the issue here. Though I could assume that all this happens because I was experementing with the "GameuserSettings" file where you could disable Vsync an an example and etc.

I found out you could change the resolution in such way so you could get more FOV ingame, another name for that would be "streched resolution". This would give the survivors more advantage so I started tweaking around the folder without 100% knowing what the exact setting might cause to the game if the value gets changed.

Although I reinstalled it again and even verified on integrity of the game files via Steam the issue still exists.

I would be glad to hear any answers and advices from you.

0 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,305
    Options

Check your GPU, there's issues with the current drivers - I suggest deleting the Nvidia drivers with DDU (do this in safe mode, to clear all remnants of the driver) then install an older driver directly from Nvidia, do not install a very old driver, just one that's a couple of months old as it is more stable.

• Blensidi
    Options

I will try this out and report how it went as soon as possible.

• Blensidi
    edited March 2020
    Options

Result: I first deinstaled my current Graphics Driver which I also had to restart my computer and after that downloaded a "new one".

Note that by "new one" I do not mean the most recent Driver version but an older one. What I basically did was I searched in the Nvidia Drivers for all of the versions for my Graphics card and I was paying attention to the date they were released in (in my case my Graphis Card was 1660 Ti and the current one I had was the version 445.75). Since the issue started 3 days ago or so I picked one which was 4 versions older than the newest one (version 442.50).

And after installing the "new one" I could start DbD sofar.

Thank you for your small but very helpful advice. Although I used this method on other game (exact same issue but on Warface), I did forget about it but thanks to you I remembered about it.

Thank you.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,305
    Options

You are welcome, we've heard there's issues with the latest Nvidia drivers. Glad it worked for you. I will close the thread now.

This discussion has been closed.