Idea to slow down gens?

Options

Only healthy survivors can repair gens. Not sure how this would play out but thought it was an idea of sorts.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm sure the Plague would need to be looked at, but it would force survivors to cleanse.

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,352
    Options

Not a good idea in my opinion. Survivors offen enough don‘t have the option to heal, so they would just bot ne able to di anything, and this would hurt solo survivors more than swf survivors, since swf van tell wach other where they are. Self Care would become mandatory.

This would most likely just butcher survivor and killer queue times. I think making more maps balanced is all the game needs.

• TheVampyreSlayer
    TheVampyreSlayer Member Posts: 21
    Options

Yeah, you're right. Seems faulty.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

Just give old Ruin effect to gens for first 2 minutes of the game and problem is solved!

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

Definitely not. Killers would just take advantage of this by running heal slowdown builds for easy 4Ks, even though it would be overkill and not even needed. It would make the game especially unplayable for solo survivors.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

reduce map size significantly, reduce the amount of time it takes to do gens, nerf high mobility killers, add more unsafe pallets that can be mindgamed, remove god pallets and infinite loops.

now both killers and survivors are having tons of fun, and games are much shorter, reducing queue times.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

There was another idea about this. Although way worse.

Still bad idea unless Self Care would be made base or bond base+healing changes reverted.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,545
    Options

I could say bring back old Ruin... but that's not what ppl want to hear so how about taking the concept from how old Ruin worked and apply that to status effects...

1.) It would raise the skill cap for survivors (it would be a little bit harder to get red ranks... for the most part)

2.) More critical choices would involve more risk...

3.) It would encourage players to experiment with different builds to: gain an advantage or minimize the effect

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

This.

The issue is not that generators take too little time, it's that too often maps are so huge survivors can sit on a generator from 0 to 100 and never be interrupted by a killer.

Making maps smaller means more times survivors have to get off generators, either because they hear a terror radius coming, they need to run away, unhook their friend, whatever. More killer/survivor interaction would lead to longer games and slower generators as survivors wouldn't be able to just plop down and hold M1 nearly as often from 0 to 100.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited March 2020
    Options

Lol no xD

Not only that will make it even harder for solos, but they will have to rework some perks. For example - resilience will be completely useless. No Mother will make you more of a burden than it already does. etc.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I wouldn't bring back old Ruin at all. Pn console it's already hard enough to hit Great skill checks, let alone consistently.

Too many killers (myself included.....) have been carried by old Ruin for quite a bit and the time without it has been pretty beneficial to a lot of people.

New Ruin is also actually fantastic if you drop the notion of just "I am a killer, I must kill" to instead focus on protecting your generators.

• Kwikwitted
    Options

I'm in agreement with this as well.

I became a much better chaser with the loss of old Ruin because without it giving me extra time to make up for my chasing mistakes it was harder to see where I was making those mistakes.

That said, I disagree with why new Ruin is good, because if all you're doing it just chasing people off generators you're going to lose that war of attrition eventually. However the new Ruin + Surveillance is a damn fine combo as everytime you move someone off a generator it's now highlighted and you will know the second someone is back on it.

Honestly I find the combination of thrilling tremors and pop goes the weasel to be my go to for generator regression now, as they function as both location knowledge (unblocked gen is the one with survivors) and direct regression of 25%.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,545
    Options

@PigMainClaudette

What I am saying is that making skillchecks be based on status effects would slow gens... I was only using old Ruin to give the example

Also I can add in: Maddness already does what my idea can be... and iri king (or queen I can't remember which one has the skillcheck go counter-clockwise).... cleansing demo's portals have a different type of skillcheck... overcharge as well

I know hitting great skillchecks on console is hard but with my idea it would only last until healed/recovered

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

It's not JUST chasing people of gens, but more of they try to lure you into an area with finished gens, you ditch them. It is an extremely context-dependant playstyle, but I've found it both fun and effective, mainly in Pig.

• Kwikwitted
    edited March 2020
    Options

Oh fair enough, yes you should pick chases carefully we are in agreement there. Though I would say if they are leading me into an area that I know there is also no pallets.....I may be inclined to finish the chase and hook them in an area where now another survivor has to leave a generator and come to a useless part of the map just to get their buddy.

But I also tend to play high mobility killers like Freddy or Hillbilly so I get away with it ;)

It goes both ways. But you're definitely spot on with context.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Gen speed is just fine in my opinion. There’s already a perk that makes it more difficult to repair gens the more survivors that are injured or hooked or dying. It’s called thanataphobia. Use it. Or dying light. Use it. As a killer you gain these benefits from doing your job as a killer. Now you’re just being lazy and want stuff handed to you when they’re already handing these killers plenty! I struggle playing solo most of the time seeing red and purple rank survivors get slammed into the ground and hooked before gens start flying. and gens don’t go fast by yourself. Thanat makes solo gen repairs unbearable. Combined with dying light.... ruin... come on.... you have to think about survivors and what they want too. I don’t want to stare at a progress bar all game long either. They should slow the rate at which you can down and hook somebody then and maybe we can talk about gen speed. It’s not fair to see half my team go down either before the first gen pops. Goes both ways.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

High mobility killers are a bit too much. Especially once one of your aura reading perks trigger or loud noise notification. Billy or spirit will show up before you can even leave the area and hide 😂