3rd person killer view?

Options

Could the devs try out making the killers have 3rd person (With the option of choose between 3rd person or 1st person) for a PTB?
I Play Identity 5 and honestly I can survivor and killer very well in that game.
I think playing killer and survivor that way would be fun, It would make chases easier, but not make juking impossible

Best Answers

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Master said:
    This is a horror game, I believe survivor should play 1st person too

Maybe that should be mechanic that you can choose to switch between for both sides. (incase someone wants a harcore challenge)

Answers

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Master said:

Maybe that should be mechanic that you can choose to switch between as well.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Master said:

I've proposed exactly the same thing in the Balance section, but guess who started complaining how unfair would it be?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

It’d half to still have some hefty camera restrictions on killer; having 3rd person would almost instantly kill all evasion tactics in a chase. That’s a no no. Identity V already tried this; experienced killers never lose a survivor.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

It’d half to still have some hefty camera restrictions on killer; having 3rd person would almost instantly kill all evasion tactics in a chase. That’s a no no. Identity V already tried this; experienced killers never lose a survivor.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

Now experienced survivors loop the killer for ages because of 3rd person camera
    But I guess thats a big YES instead of a no?

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

Now experienced survivors loop the killer for ages because of 3rd person camera
    But I guess thats a big YES instead of a no?

ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME? I SEE YOU COMMENT ON ANYTHING I POST NOW!!
    Also this thing I made is long dead.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2018
    Options

how about...we don't make FOV for killers a mechanic? Just let them have an fov slider for killers, give them some advantages but they still are stuck with first person cameras

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

I want 3rd person view everytime killer smacks the survivor.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

What if stealth Killers get a wider FoV or even third person by default?

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Orion said:
    What if stealth Killers get a wider FoV or even third person by default?

Maybe, I was thinking like identity five

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I think first view for survivors would be too difficult to see where the killer is and third view for killer would be to easy to see where the survivors are.

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71
    Options

It's true that with 3rd person camera loosing Killer in a chase would be impossible while it wouldn't fix problems with looping for Killers.
    Then again I agree that survivors could also have 1st person camera, with "look back" key. It's won't happen though, at least I don't believe it.

But what is possible and would be fair is implementation of something to show the Killers where Survivors are looking with precision of Killer's red stain.

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110
    Options

It's such a huge change to the fundamentals of the game that this would never become a mandatory thing. I could maybe see this as an optional for survivors to be in the first person, but not killers. As others have said, this is not Identity V. This change would murder chases and stealth.

@Master said:

@RSB said:

@Master said:

I've proposed exactly the same thing in the Balance section, but guess who started complaining how unfair would it be?

Its just sad what the community has this game turned into, I had so much hope in the beginning.....

and yet, here you are 4,500 posts in

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@grisstyl said:
    It's such a huge change to the fundamentals of the game that this would never become a mandatory thing. I could maybe see this as an optional for survivors to be in the first person, but not killers. As others have said, this is not Identity V. This change would murder chases and stealth.

@Master said:

@RSB said:

@Master said:

Its just sad what the community has this game turned into, I had so much hope in the beginning.....

and yet, here you are 4,500 posts in

Yes, spending more time in the forums than in the game :lol:
    Tells a lot indeed^^

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

Survivors need to have 1st person view as well.