Do you think that the doctor should be nerfed?

Options
ForgottenLegacy
ForgottenLegacy Member Posts: 6
edited March 2020 in Polls

I feel that the doctor needs a nerf. The only counter to the doctor's abilities at the current moment is calm spirit; a perk that not many people are willing to run. I feel that maybe a nerf to either his ability to cancel abilities with shock therapy or a cooldown nerf to static blast should be implemented soon.

What do you think about the doctor in the current meta?

Do you think that the doctor should be nerfed? 39 votes

The doctor is perfectly fine and does not require any nerfs.
92%
Science_GuySnakeSound222Seiko300FibijeanWINTERSPeasantCheersMegaWafflePlanetJuke420ad19970immortalls96Boosted_Dwightmusstang62PennosukeUistreelAhoyWolfBrucecastro81DetailedDetrimentanonymous31337PlantCollector 36 votes
The doctor is umbalanced and needs a cooldown nerf on static blast.
7%
HamburgerQuietusWarriorCephalon_Lebron 3 votes

Comments

• ForgottenLegacy
    ForgottenLegacy Member Posts: 6
    Options

I meant to put other options. I just accidentally hit the enter key.

Please feel free to write your other opinions in the comments.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I posted a poll like this too early as well, not finishing all the options I wanted to give.

You can just rename the post and call it deleted or something like that, and make a new poll, if you want to. Or just @ one of the moderators if I'm not mistaking, so they delete it. Sadly I can't find the message that was sent to me when a mod deleted my poll that I posted too early.

But on the other hand this poll does allow one to choose whether Doc is op or not so that's maybe enough already.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Doctor is fine. No nerfs necessary.

Also Calm Spirit is not his only counter. Lockers and staying out of his terror radius work wonders against Static Blast (which already has a 60 second cooldown and can only be reduced to 50 seconds with two add-ons). Not camping windows or pallets and throwing pallets early help counter his shock stun.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

I do feel like he has too many baseline abilities, but not enough people play him for it to seem like a real problem in the grand scheme of my game time.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options

The only thing I would change is to make Madness 3 require 4 points of madness instead of 3.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I actually like that he has a lot of different aspects to his abilities, especially the added afflictions he can give you with his addons.

Even though it does seem like a lot though, all combined still doesn't really feel op in my opinion. His chase potential is great but everything else is just ok.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

I miss the passive deterioration of the madness outside of his terror radius, that's the only change I'd make with him right now.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

I think the latest Buffs he got with Chapter 15 were not necessary. Making things like Reversed Skill Checks Baseline and the addition of Add Ons which decrease the Cooldown after a Shock especially.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

Instead of nerfing any killers that can actually apply pressure, lets buff the killers that can't.

• asparagus
    asparagus Member Posts: 133
    Options

The new doctor is fine, plus I love his new terror radius music

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Your avatar is the doctor...so your opinion seems like to may be a touch biased. ;)

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

Its strange that I see more people complaing about the weaker side being way too strong then the stronger

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Wow, completely one sided results, 29 people who voted he definitely doesn't need the nerf vs. the OP who originally made the poll in the first place. (At the time of writing)

Those results are the way they are for good reason though.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

Dedicated servers s*rew him badly enough.