Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How long does it take DC Penalties to decay?

Options
KingFrost
KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Last week I had a bit of trouble with my internet. Combined with a server issue or two and I got a six hour ban on Friday, then again on Sunday. Since then, my internet has been more stable. Despite that, my penalty only decayed to 1 hour on Wednesday (Which I got through no fault of my own -- the server had an issue). On Thursday it happened again. I got another 1 hour penalty. Then today, it happened THREE times, bringing my penalty back up to six hours. None of which were my fault and were 100% the fault of the servers. (My internet was fine after each, and I never had to reconnect to DBD).

Now, I heavily suspect tomorrow if I play that I'll be risking a 24 hour penalty. Do I have to wait 48 hours to play? Does the penalty decay even if you don't play? I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking. The devs don't want to say anything because they think it'll lead to abuse, but I wonder if they've considered people who are penalized for things beyond their control, including the servers themselves which apparently hate me. I'm getting pretty frustrated, and I suspect others would be too if it happened to them.

Answers