How can we make dead by daylight a horror game again?

Options

How can we make this game scary? And puts you on the edge of your seat?

In my opinion I first want to start by making the background a little darker kinda like that one bug where everything is dark but you have a spotlight on your character. Maybe add some screen effects where when you're being chased by a bigger killer (oni, demogorgon etc) the ground shakes a little. Leave suggestions in the comments!

Comments

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

jump scares...

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If you want it to be scary, put more power into the killers. Unless the killer sneaks up on me I'm not afraid cause I know I can loop them provided I run in the right direction.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

was this ever been scary in the first place? no, everybody was just not good enough to understand that survivors were (and are) the power role, so there's no reason to be scared.

also, with nowadays troll skins they're releasing it's impossible for someone to be scared.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 491
    Options
  • TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I mean, I think I made a few notably different suggestions but yeah, basically.

Don't get me wrong, F13 isn't exactly a horror masterpiece, but current DbD has more in common mechanically with a team based shooter than it does a survival horror experience IMO.

If DbD wanted to shift to more of a horror experience it could stand to take a look at F13.

• Shookken
    Shookken Member Posts: 3
    Options

I feel like one of the good way to make it creepier would be to add this Last year: The nightmare or Friday the 13th vibe with different objectives or smaller objectives on different maps.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 491
    Options

Yeah I never said it was a bad thing, F13 is definitely better horror-wise than DbD

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Buff killers

change enviorement, more fog, more creepy props

Nerf survivors

disable swf

make killers darker

soo many things

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

Making survivors first person like the killer would be pretty scary.. at least for me.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

I'd like that as a perk, ngl. FPP survivor would be fun.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Sorry, I wasn't sure. I've met a lot of people who get really heated up about F13.

Honestly, more 'challenge' perks like No Mither in general would be fun. And first person would be horrifying against Michael, Wraith, or Ghostface.