Strategies against very toxic survivors

Hi all,

I just had a match where I was playing as the Doctor and I went up against a very VERY toxic, almost downright filthy team of survivors. I could clearly tell it was a SWF group but there was no need to play that way. I managed to kill 3 of them and the 4th escaped through the hatch. After the game (more like bullying session) they sent me messages of how I'm pathetic, horrible, play a different game, etc...

I'm a level 10 killer so I've played against some salty people before, but NEVER like this. So my question is how do you, or any recommendations as to how to play against people like that in game? I NEVER camp hooks because I absolutely hate doing that, but I almost did during that game because they weren't leaving me much of a choice and I didn't know what else to do.

Comments

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited March 2020

I've camped. I've tunneled. I've tunneled to the ground and I've camped the ever loving hell out of toxic players without remorse or regret. Screw them, they're putting themselves out there like that, they've earned it. On the survivor side, I had a match recently where one survivor just let someone on a hook die (I was also hooked, but not close to the first). When that person got hooked, I ran up to her, and then ran off.

Sometimes you need to be the one to treat a person as they treat others.

Post edited by VikingWilson on
  • F1Billymain
    F1Billymain Member Posts: 1

I main Survivor now, used to main Billy. Every now and then I go back to Billy. Sometimes I wipe the floor with the Survivors, sometimes they're ridiculously toxic. Camping pallets, just attempting to bully when they really can't. If you're one of the toxic lads who flashlight saves 4 times in a game, I'm gonna camp you, or tunnel you. If the survivors wanna be toxic, you gotta be toxic back. And as a now Survivor main, if I pull a purposefully mean move and get camped, I don't really care, I know it's deserved. But for DM's and stuff, just reply with "thanks", that usually stops them.

• SrxErick4
    SrxErick4 Member Posts: 28

La mayoría de supervivientes tóxicos después de soltar un palet se quedan esperando a que lo rodee y ellos hacen un bucle yo como asesino para matarlos más rápido y romper todos los palets que pueda me pongo fuerza brutal y si quieren hacerme un 360° me quedo parado y lo sigo con la camara para darle un golpe seguro.

Si son tóxicos a la hora de proteger y no llevo mucho tiempo de persecución yo me voy en contra del proyector para que cuando lo cuelge ver al superviviente herido con Barbacoa y chile y ir por el.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406

Dont feed into them and they won't care! Most toxic people I've learned feed off knowing they made you feel like garbage. So just send a "gg :)" back to them after the match. Also, gameplay, just play normally. If they want to hover the hook then just camp/proxy because that's their call on how you play there. Dont feed into t-bags either. A lot of them do that to try and tilt you because they're ochido jrs or something.

• Jopium
    Jopium Member Posts: 39

How weren’t they leaving you a choice you left the killer I don’t understand. If your playing killer regular of course your gonna get pallets dropped you flash lights crazy perk build DS head on stun . Your the killer you play regular you still gonna kill them like you said 3/4 is great. Some survivors are better at running then others that pretty much it you can chase one for 20 secs and another for 2 mins.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

One way to look at it, if they're so busy trying to bully you, they aren't doing generators. So you got that going for you, which is nice.....

In all seriousness, if you killed three of them, they screwed up. They can say whatever they want in after-game chat, I would just type "scoreboard" and then leave, they know you won, they're just being salty at that point.

If you didn't camp and didn't tunnel, then you know you played a clean game and still wrecked them, so anything they say now just confirms that they're a bunch of salty people who don't like that they lost, end of story.

If you don't want to deal with the after-game noise, just immediately hit upgrade or continue, problem solved.

This is my philosophy on salty players in a nutshell.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Ignore what they say and play how you have the most fun. They will get mad, be salty, etc, but that shouldn't stop you. However, if their goal is to just be infuriating, maybe just ignoring them and limit the time you spend with them by DCing or letting them get the gens done and open the door yourself.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

I am sorry this happened to you. I just hope this one game did not make you think all survivors are like this. I know when I play survivor I will let killers actually kill me if they are not doing to well. I like all players to have fun and get points. =)

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,111

Hard to say if they're toxic but something to really get them going is to throw blood warden on. Down one during End game preferably far from the opened door and wait till the bar goes below half. Pick them up hook them and see if they grab them. once that's done just sit at the exit gates and watch them tbag you into oblivion before they realize they can't leave and inevitably die to the collapse. It won't work every time but when it does it's glorious.

• asimplelegion
    asimplelegion Member Posts: 66

I tunneled some person on wraith and they got a bit salty, and earlier someone told me to get better internet, ah the world of toxic survivors

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2020

i got told i would be banned for using bloodwarden to get a 4k against overly altruistic survivors. They sure do think they know everything don't they?

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

What was done to be toxic, if we can ask, you weren't really clear there.

As for me I don't know what I see as toxic. I don't care about tbags, not a fan of flashlights after every pallet, or when someone finishes a genny right in your face even after taking a hit.

But I just play as I normally would and send them ggs after I kill em.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So what did they do to be "very toxic"?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited March 2020

If you’re getting hit with flashlight saves 4 times, that’s you playing terribly. That’s not toxic whatsoever. You should be angry at yourself, not the survivor.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

That can be very easily avoided? Flashlights are countered by lightborn and franklins or you could just look at a wall or find the survivor with a flashlight

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Slug for the 4k, something normally not worth your time but it will ensure nobody can say they "outplayed you" by getting the RNG hatch escape in the endgame chat. That's something I normally see from salty SWF groups when 3/4 of them died.

Proxy camp, tunnel people off the hook, use a 3 gen strat, or downright facecamp if the game is going south.

Make sure to smack them on hook as well, bonus points for smacking them on hook with save the best for last.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Just don't give them any reaction. Play normally, and just say "gg" in the post-chat. That will drive them crazy.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Unhappily some ppl like to make enemies instead of friends. Try not to bother and if you remember someones name in a future match, make sure he will never get a fun match against you (mori at the beggining, for example), if reveange is required by your heart. Its just a game, no problem to get reveange, God doesnt care.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Slug or camp them

that easy

• Wylesong

Rofl this is the best idea I have seen! I mean yeah it may not work but that one time it does would be worth it! I would probably laugh so hard I peed myself and then laugh at that too! rofl

• Wylesong

I mean that is dumb to say get better internet but I do understand getting salty for a killer tunneling. I only say this because as a killer when I play it really is not that hard NOT to tunnel. I mean at least for me the only way to battle toxic players is not be toxic myself. I do not tunnel because I know how it feels to be both tunneled and camped and it is not a good feeling. It is like playing killer and learning you are dealing with SWF. It is a hopeless feeling and makes the game unpleasant. I do know people say it is a strategy but if you are gonna be a killer that tunnels or camps then do not complain when survivors use BT or DS to deal with you as though too are legit "strategies".

Just want to say I know you aren't complaining about anyone using BT or DS but before you do just know people might have them to deal with tunneling and camping killers. I would be ready to see them just in case. I still think play anyway that makes the game fun for you even if it makes others want to quit the game forever. =)

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Run wraith and head into the basement. Stay cloak and let them do gens they will most likely depip. Run bloodwarden as bubba and wait till the timer reaches a small amount then hook the survivor. You will get a 4k by this or dc by them.

• yakul1nausicaa
    yakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 128

All killers have been against this type of team at some point. You need to play smart, remain calm and don't get tunnel vision. They will likely be overly altruistic, so camp if necessary when someone is close to entering 2nd phase. Save the best for last can help in this regard, slugging is also very much needed against these groups. The more experienced you become, the better you'll be at countering them even though the odds are completely stacked against you. Also try not to let them get under your skin, that's what they desperately crave above all else. Generally ignore the best looper, they will desperately try to get your attention which means they're not doing gens.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

Honestly test the waters. Most of the time if you down someone bait the pickup. If they swarm the hook smack them all. They're all injured you will have another on the hook soon enough. The're ego will not allow someone to be camped so they will keep trying to save and in the end will screw themselves.