Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Prove Thyself Either has a wrong description or is not functioning as intended

SkeletalElite
SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Platform: PC

Description:

Currently the perk states Increases Repair speed for all repairing Survivors by 10 % for each other Survivor within a range of 4 metres.

This means Prove Thyself should completely negate the penalty for repairing generators cooperatively the way it is described because it states it increases repair speed by 10% per survivor within 4 meters.

However when repairing a gen with 3 or 4 people the repair bar is still red meaning the repair speed is being slowed. This does not occur when repairing with just 2 people.

I believe currently the perk is only giving a maximum of 10% increase.

So if 2 survivors are working on a gen, there is no penalty

If 3 or 4 survivors are working a gen, there is a penalty, but it is being slightly negated.

The perk has been functioning like this for a very very long time, and I always thought it was the intended functionality until I read the perk again very recently.

4 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Due to the way repair speed math works, the additive bonus of Prove Thyself still results in a slightly lower repair speed per Survivor when more than two survivors work on the generator. However, unlike the full 10% that is lost when an additional Survivor is working on a generator, the loss is closer to 1 or 2% per additional survivor.