Is Xbox even a good platform to play this game?

Options
skynightjourney
skynightjourney Member Posts: 128
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

I mean, it’s pretty obvious that Xbox is much more bugged than pc and ps4, don’t get me started on the switch version as well. Playing killer is a hassle in itself with bugs and glitches (mainly grabs) and survivor hitboxes are the stuff of nightmares minus Krueger. Regardless the game seems much more sloppy on Xbox than its other platforms. Maybe I just have bad luck or internet but a lot of people I’ve played with can agree with the complaints. Has anyone else experienced bad performance on Xbox?

Post edited by skynightjourney on

Comments

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options

I play on console, and while the grabs are really inconsistent I don't freeze up at all like what other people have experienced. I think the game performs pretty well on console and any version of this game is still chock full of bugs, maybe you just experience them more on console. Usually the hitboxes are a latency issue, and Xbox doesn't have dedicated servers yet so usually it's just poor connection to the host or other players.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613
    Options

I made a post about the Xbox last night. It's pretty much unplayable sometimes. Errors, Bugs, Hitches, Frame-Drops & Freezing is all over the game on Xbox. Feels like a Open Beta. Not sure how half the people don't even see these issues have clearly not witnessed the game on PC or played a game higher that 30fps.

• skynightjourney
    Options

It’s much better when I play on PS4 for some reason, I have no idea why, of course ps4 has its fair share of stuff too but it’s awful on Xbox. Wish I had a good pc to play it on :/

• TheEdMaverick
    TheEdMaverick Member Posts: 101
    Options

Well, I got the xbox X and sometimes it has frame drops but that was before I changed it to 1080p and runs smoother. Other than that, bugs when I am with my friends (someone is showed like he isnt ready) and we need to restart the game... And yes, I feel so much wierd the grab mechanic now, I cant grab anymore:(

• skynightjourney
    Options

You said it, I don’t even get why Xbox version is so much worse, I’ve played ps4 version multiple times and it’s miles better than the Xbox version and that sucks cause most of my friends play it on Xbox and I have more data on the Xbox account.

• skynightjourney
    Options

That ready bug is so obnoxious, happens a lot to my friends and I separately so it’s basically a guessing game of “who has to restart next”. I had to stop playing killer too cause the grabbing was unreliable :/ and I bought a decent amount of killers on this account specifically, feels bad.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315
    Options

I play on xbox one x and the biggest performance issue is the frame drops when blood lust kicks in. I wish the dedicated servers would be re-enabled, DCs are rampant on xbox these days.

• skynightjourney
    Options

The DC’s are so bad especially when the game kicks someone out randomly, I was playing against a pig with a friend of mine and I got kicked out and it said the killer dc-ed and I escaped and showed the perks and the mori they had, either way we all lost but that’s still not good that it happened. The only time frames drop for me is if I get hit by a ranged attack (deathslinger or huntress) which sucks but it’s not the worst.

• ItzPixelYT
    Options

Yeah seriously, cross-save and cross-play needs to become a thing so i can go play PC and not have anymore of these terrible issues -.- I play on the one x too and that struggles, developers just seem to struggle to code optimizations for the Xbox. Apex is the same in certain parts of the map. Unless it's a inhouse game like Gears, no one can make a stable game

• ItzPixelYT
    Options

Ever been hit with Franklins or Sloppy Butcher? Might aswell say rip and get hooked already lol

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I spent a year on the Xbox version and it's the worst hands down version of DbD. I switched to PS4 and you can see the major differences. Xbox seems to take way longer in loading, seems to slow down upon using the menus in lobby or Rift, and FPS drops are frequent. And as others have mentioned, there was always a weird bug with the party system where it would show one of us as not ready, or they'd be placed into a lobby for a match, but I'd remain in the main lobby as if still waiting for a match to be found. I hope Xbox gets some sort of optimisation at some point since it was said it was supposed to be done last year for console versions as far as I'm aware.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Play on One X and, well I can't compare because it's the only version I have played but for me it's good. Minor problems sometimes but overall good.

• Ty4IsWack
    Ty4IsWack Member Posts: 23
    Options

I play on switch. The frame,gameplay isn't good but isn't bad it runs fine for me tho the only problem is grabs are so inconsistent

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

This game is only playable on PC imo.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

im on xbox, these are issues i get:

• SWF error bugs (says someone isnt readied up or doesnt even show them in your team)
    • Join failures
    • Frame drops (throughout the game so from bloodwebs/menus to ingame actions)
    • getting kicked from games
    • Since there isnt dedicated servers my average games are 140ms
    • cant grab 90% of the time
  • JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,465
    Options

To this fine list I'd add the "No Network Connection" and "Initialization Failure" bugs. Usually get two-three games in before I have to restart everything...

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464
    Options

Has worked well with me. The hitboxes are a mile wide but think that isn't unique to Xbox.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

yeah i get those bugs but too, in my mind they just went into the "join failures" part i probably should of put it into brackets, but alot of these issues mean you have to reset the game sadly and can happen often. these issues often occur more when the host DC`s or backs out, you or a team member is in the game alot longer than the other, if you have your xbox tab open (like messages, party chat etc.)

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

I mainly get people who hook up there wifi to there local mcdonalds. Ill be on one side of the map working on a gen next thing i know i hear my character scream and im on the basement hook with the killer head nodding

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Xbox is fine. I play it all the time there and really haven't had an issue overall. I will say that PC is probably the best platform to play on, but at least on Xbox you get to know everyone who plays the game, so you know who is toxic and who isn't.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Playing on xbox is INFINITELY better than playing on PS4. PS4 gives extremely poor framerate when playing most killers, seriously overheats the PS4, the controller is wonky, and overall really isn't that great.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Dedicated servers were literally the worst thing to happen for Xbox DbD.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

They were so bad that I literally had to quit because I couldn't play properly. The hits I was taking were something else.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    edited April 2020
    Options

Most issues I experience on xbox is when I play as the killer. My frames are very bad. It gets worse when I play killers such as Doc or Plague because of the static and vomit. I do freeze a lot as well as survivor when a killer hits me with sloppy or noed or anything making an icon pop up at the right hand side of the screen. Though the dedicated servers made everything way worse for me. I'm not opposed to having them but it is unplayable for me if they dont fix it first.

I'm going to be getting a new xbox soon so I hope that helps. :(

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    Options

apart from people dc all the time I don't have any issues when I play on Xbox tbh.