Ormond and Backwater Swamp New Gameplay Features

I would like to give suggestions for improving these maps in terms of gameplay and atmospheric

ormond

On the Mount Ormond Resort map developers can add new sounds related to winter, cold and snow, for example: sounds of a cold wind, which will make the map very atmospheric

make the snow heavier so that the atmosphere is not too calm.

A BLIZZARD event

new event on the map - a blizzard, which will occur by chance and for a while will severely limit the viewing range and movement speed of both survivors and killers, devs can also add an animation of how the survivors resist this blizzard, it would look cool

the blizzard gives these debuffs if you are outside, if you go into the main building, the fire tower (it will be further in the text) or the killer shack, the blizzard will not affect you.

A FIRE TOWER

there is a fire tower on the map, but we can't climb onto it. it needs to be changed!

on the fire tower there will be a possible spawn of the totem, chest and generator

there is only one entrance to the fire tower, however, there are two ways to get down from the tower. Down the stairs or through a hole on the floor, jumping from the top to a small platform, then again jumping down to the hill on which the tower stands

I decided to give this suggestion to improve this map, because it is not very interesting to play on it and it is really does not stand out from the rest of the map. My suggestions will make this map more interesting and the map will become unique.

BACKWATER SWAMP

SWAMPS

WHY IS THERE NO SWAMP ON THE MAPs ABOUT THE SWAMP? there must be swamps on these maps!

Swamps - small deepenings with viscous water through which survivors and killer will walk slower

swamps will be in some places on the map, even in the looping places

If the survivor sits in the swamp, then only a little more than his head will be visible, so the swamp can be used as a means for stealth.

If the survivor has been in the swamp, his clothes will get dirty, which can also serve as camouflage in the future.

also, for atmospheric conditions, fireflies should be added to this map, which will fly in grass. the sounds of frogs will be heard near the swamps. It’s also worth increasing the fog AND A LITTLE DECREASE THE OVERALL BRIGHTNESS OF THE MAP to make the swamp more realistic.

I think my suggestions will positively affect these maps

Comments

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Atmosphere improvements would be amazing!

I'm down for map specific events as long as they aren't random. The blizzard could happen once the last generator has been completed OR after a set amount of generators have been completed, and will remain for a couple of minutes. This will allow both sides to prepare for the storm. Map specific events sound REALLY cool though, and they can definitely fix the stale gameplay loop.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Ormond makes my frames long for Macmillan, and I just dislike the map in general, and while I'm not convinced by the feasibility of your suggestions or attracted to them, it's whatever. Suggest away.

About Swamp: It's been drained. That's why there are no lagoons of murky water. The only residues are the rivulets down the hills, assorted watermarks, and the small puddles in the mud that splash.

What I need from Swamp is the distance fog that permeated all maps when DbD wasn't A. on this engine or B. wasn't on this engine version. It was at that point that the Pale Rose was my most favorite map in the game on which to play, mainly as survivor. When I played killer, I still enjoyed myself immensely. I've always supported the idea behind #revertPaleRose and #Swamp215, and I will continue to do so. Other than allowing for the killer to hit over more objects on that map and other than the above mentioned wishes to revert, I will not support many drastic changes such as your Swamp mires. I would, however, support slower movement speed for everyone who is traversing mud flats.