Dbd mobile is coming, who else is excited!?!?

I am extremely excited that mobile dbd is coming out soon (I think April 16th), haven’t heard that many people talk about it though? I personally think it’s awesome to have an on the go version of dbd, what’s everyone else’s thoughts though?

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

It's not compatible with my device and there are no plans in near future for it being available

:(

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I like the idea of just straight up DbD on mobile, but I don't feel like I'll be able to get into it. They have a different team designing it and are already making noticeable changes to how bloodpoints are spent there and all.

As I said, I like the idea of DbD on mobile, but I just know how mobile games tend to be with microtransactions and all. I'm just worried about how the other company will take the game and change it from the original.

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128

Dang that’s a rip, hopefully they’ll be able to make it for your device at some point or you’re able to get a new one or somethin?

• skynightjourney

Didn’t know a dif team was designing it, but yeah I can already notice some differences with the blood web and getting perks and stuff. I don’t think it’s that bad though since it adds a little bit of freshness to the game, but yeah hopefully they don’t complete change core aspects of the game too much and or get rid of any.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Yes, another difference is these like "mega box" things they have. Like those boxes you see on the bloodwebs with random items, but they cost like 30k, or 50k or something. And then they contain like a skin or something? Yeah, there's already a few differences and it hasn't existed for that long. Fingers crossed though.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Not me. Mobile games are horrible. I am happy that they have a seperate team for mobile. I would flip ######### if mobile DbD delayed updates for the GOOD version of DbD.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

I pre-registered, just so that other people can get the Rewards (players who will actually play DBD Mobile). Got an invite to the Beta, but cannot download the game because my Device is not supported.

But would have most likely not played it anyway, I dont think that Mobile Games are any good.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Why play mobile version when i already have pc version? It's better in any way.

Plus you need to start all over again. So.. no. I'm not excited.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited April 2020

That's what I'm saying.

And besides, People can play Identity V already. IMO, Iden V's cartoony cute art style works with it being a mobile title and it's a lot farther off in content. DBD just looks really muddy. Though, a good game can still be great even if isn't visually amazing. But the killer controls are what will probably keep me from playing.

These come from videos I've seen and may not even be a problem when the game officially releases.

The controls for killer seem so clunky. In Iden V, the killer has a third person camera that automatically centers to face the direction the killer is walking. Killers in DBD MB are still in first person, but have to move both the character and the view point. It feels so slow and reminded me of the tank control style of older games like Dino Crisis and Resident Evil.

It isn't even out yet, so who knows.

Edit: Nevermind. I just loaded it up again. It's the same thing. I guess the wide 3rd person camera made me think like it followed but I still think the first person is a bit constraining in comparison.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Has there been a public beta or anything? I'm curious how it runs considering that it doesn't even seem to be optimized for PC or console.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I’m excited but then i’m not. I really don’t wanna start over and have to grind (and buy) stuff again just so I can be where I am. If there’s cross progression i’ll definitely be excited but for now i’m meh. plus with the whole quarantine...what’s the point of playing mobile if mostly everyone is home? I can see it working for people who still work and go on break but that’s it. personally it just got released at a bad time.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

I think this shows that the dev's focus isn't entirely on fixing an unbalanced game. And I'm talking about both killers and survivors, not one or the other. They're both unbalanced.

I honestly can't believe they're trying to put this game into mobile. They're just asking people to buy the same broken game we have on pc and console. I don't even want to think about how bad chases will be for BOTH survivors and killers.

I'm honestly concerned about the long term health of this game already, and this doesn't help.

• skynightjourney

A lot of new information and stuff to take into account, glad I made a post about it here. It does seem like this game on the phone may not be as good as I thought, but guess we’ll have to wait and see. Maybe because it has a different team it won’t be as bad? Guess that’s the optimist in me but I’ll hold out and see if it’s good and probably make a post on day one about it so people who won’t play it can get some insight on it. Although it would be nice to play with my friends and I if we’re all at school or something so that’s probably the main reason I’m excited for it.