We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Survivor opens the door, killer doesn't see the door open

Options
Nobsyde
Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PS4

Description: from my POV (killer), what happened is that I hit a (already injured) survivor exactly as he's finishing to open the door, he goes into the dying state but can go through the door, even if the door is still closed. From the POV of the survivor this is different: she saw her completely opening the door, trying a dead hard which fails (but triggers exhaustion anyway), getting hit and just go through the gate (opened).

Steps to reproduce: based on the video (see attachment below) and what the survivor told me after the game on stream, I think it goes like this:

• a survivor is opening the door, which is almost at 100%
  • a killer is ready to hit
  • the killer lags during the attack, and the current dbd netcode grants a hit for the killer
  • before the attack and successful hit is acknowledged by the survivor client, the door is fully opened
  • due to the lag, the killer never see the door opening, while the survivor basically teleports away once the lag is over, even if in dying state.

How often does this occur: first time lol

Attachment: clip from my POV: https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileAwkwardBottleOSfrog

0 votes

Pending · Last Updated