With Tony Todd Working Up Some Fans

How would you feel about Candyman as the killer for the next release? I'm not of the opinion that liking a bunch of DBD related social media in any way indicates the characters destined for the game like some seem to be, but I enjoy the discussion regardless. While I'm not sure I love it from an aesthetic standpoint (find his base design a bit boring I suppose), I think his abilities would fit the game perfectly and--well--Tony Todd is just awesome.

Seems like two common ideas get suggested power-wise: the ability to place mirrors around the map that he can use to teleport. He could then have add-ons that make survivors in range of the mirror oblivious, the mirror shows survivor auras, etc. These mirrors could of course be broken by survivors as well. Then, a second ability relating to bees: whether this be that he can send them out to track and mark a survivor, revealing their auras momentarily/afflicting survivors with various status effects upon contact, or using bees to momentarily trap a generator or window for a brief duration, wounding survivors that interact with the bee swarm. Seems like a bit of an amalgamation of other killer abilities varied slightly, but sounds fun to me nonetheless.

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Flight

Levitation

Invisibility

Candyman is pretty stacked with powers

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2020

I don't want to alarm anyone, but isn't this EXACTLY The Demogorgon's power just tailored to Candyman's personal backstory? Lol?

Demogorgon places portals to teleport between them to traverse the map

Candyman places mirrors to teleport between them to traverse the map

Survivors near demo portals: Oblivious

Survivors near candyman mirrors: Oblivious

Survivors near demo portals: killer instinct reveal position

Survivors near candyman mirrors: auras reveal position

both portals and mirrors are able to be broken.

Demogorgon secondary ability to make him more viable in chases: Shred

Candyman secondary ability to make him more viable in chases: Bees

Lol this version of Candyman's potential ability probably won't make it in. But I agree there is more than enough to work with to make a unique power, and I also agree Tony Todd is awesome.