Survivors can tell when the killer has Stridor

miotas
miotas Member Posts: 42

I noticed today when playing survivor that I could faintly hear my injured sounds, even though I was running Iron Will. I also noticed in post-game that the killer had Stridor. I went and tested it in KYF and confirmed that I could hear myself when injured if the killer ran Stridor, even if I ran Iron Will. (I'm not sure if this is intended or an audio glitch.)

The thing is, after noticing this I changed my game plan immediately, as I knew the killer would be able to hear me. However, I don't think I should have had that information as early as I did.

Compare the following two scenarios:

1. I run Iron Will, get hit, and during chase I can hear my injured sounds, so I know the killer has Stridor. I don't make any attempts to juke because I know it won't work.
  2. I run Iron Will, get hit, and during chase I cannot hear my injured sounds. I try to juke the killer, and they find me because they have Stridor. I can then deduce that the killer is running Stridor, and I can alter my play-style after being unhooked to not juke anymore.

The difference here is that, in example 2., I need to actually experience Stridor countering my Iron Will before I change my play-style to deal with it. The killer actually gets value out of using Stridor to counter me. In example 1., however, because of what I assume is an audio glitch, I can alter my game-play early before being punished at all.

I think survivors should not be able to notice the increase in sounds they make when the killer runs Stridor.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Because it doesn't increase just the volume of sounds for killer, it increases the breathing/grunts of pain sounds in general.

• BongRips4Wraith
    BongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 87
    edited April 2020

Yes, how dare a survivor tell when you have a perk once it comes into effect and change their gameplay to counter it as best they can,

Those toxic survivors always trying to play the game instead of acting like bots.