Hawkins is survivor sided

Hawkins is the most survivor sided map in the game imo.

0 hooks on the second floor

3 pallets in every single hallway and 2 pallets in every room

And with the huge debris everywhere it is impossible to play efficiently as oni and Billy.

If you dont think this map is survivor sided your not past rank 15.

Comments

• nickfamous
    nickfamous Member Posts: 7

Rank 10 killer and I literally just played a 4K on hawkins earlier. I agree it’s a safe Survivor map but it’s not broken. I definitely think there should be a hook upstairs and not one on either side of the staircase.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Prior to the Balanced Landing nerf I would have agreed with you, but not nowadays. There's like 3 safe pallets, only one of which is guaranteed to spawn. The rest are completely useless and basically a distraction to allow the killer to catch up to you.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Why is this tagged as a poll.

• eli_03
    eli_03 Member Posts: 12

I agree tbh you can only get a good win on that map if your really good but I’d say I’m not very good as surviver that’s just a personal thing tho

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I don't care which side it favors, it's the only map that actually feels fun to me.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I feel that this map is not unbalanced, just a slight change here and there.~baby myers rank 15 that continues to avoid pallets instead of breaking them.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    edited April 2020

Imagine thinking hawkins is survivor sided. Yikes

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

The only advantage survivors have is it actually is a rough map to find survivors on. The loops aren’t what trouble me as killer. And that’s why I’m okay with the map.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

The reason why there aren't hooks in the second floor is because you can easily get to the hooks of the stairs of every side. It is also a completely dead zone fully unsecured with no loop around, and there is just a pallet in one room which is unloopable and since this map came to the game I have never seen anyone using it.

Also there can be 2 pallets in the rooms and a lot in the halfways, but the number of secure pallets I can think is just one, which is next to the upside down big portal, next to one of the possible basement spots.

You also have it too hard to find totems because you just can find them by casuality running around, in other maps it's very easy to spot them by distance.

And last and most important argument people repeated here: it's the official most deadly map of the game.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

The stats were posted by devs a while back, it literally has the lowest survival rate of any map.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
  • Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020

Not the best map for killer but its killer sided still. Coldwind and Yamaoka maps are the only maps that survivor sided.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 627

Low quality bait

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

You must the one that's rank 15 or you only play Billy and Oni. Most of the pallets on that map are unsafe as hell.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Hawkin is killer side unless you are a swf because most of the survivor dont know that the best strat is to keep the gen that are upstair for the end so they 3 gen themself and they lose cause of that

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Hawkins is definitly not survivor sided, but you have to loop in an other way on that map. Basically you have to chain multiple pallets to an infinite and force the killer to break at least one.

• afroboi
    afroboi Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2020

bruh im a rank 3 nurse do you even know how unsafe the pallets over there are just literally do a 720 with your camera free hit i agree if you hit them they might go to a god tier loop in the middle with two pallets and a upstairs point next to it but if youre a smart killer youll block them from going to it like if a good loop is to their right block their right and they wont get to it like in other maps there is a junk loop with a pallet next to the shack or infront wait tiil they drop it and break it from the shack's side so they dont get to it its very simple but i dont really think you can do it in ironworks of misery cause if you block the shack they get to the infinite if you block the infinite they get to 3 junk loops and maybe 1 big rock loop and 1 shack its basically impossible if you're an m1 killer like wraith or trapper but trapper can trap it and hillbilly cant do anything over there so yeah i recommend playing nurse she's realiable on most maps hawkins isnt that survivor sided in my opinon but hey why will you care about a stranger's opinion

EDIT:oh and huntress can basically counter most loops only if you have good aim and timing

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

you literally just, move to the right of a pallet and you can get a free hit as killer. hawkins is nowhere near survivor sided 😐

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

all hawkins pallets are "hold W as killer and get a free hit" nearly. There are like 2 safe pallets or 3.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

This can't be a real post. This is bait, right? 🤣🤣🤣

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited April 2020

Hawkins is only Survivor sided if you disrespect pallets and don't have Enduring.

It's annoying to me because of how opposite it is from playing Killer on any other map, but as long as you treat every pallet like it's your mom you should down Survivors near instantly.

There's also a guaranteed 3 gen on that map (granted it's not an extremely defensible one, but still, you can patrol all three gens in about 10 seconds or 12 seconds, and if you're Trapper you can make it into a 2 or even 1 gen strat).

I wouldn't say it's impossible to badly on Hawkins, or even necessarily call it Killer sided, but I wouldn't call it a Survivor sided map.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

It is defnitly very killer sided.

2nd floor as 1 single gen generator and on both stairways ther are hooks. Also down the dropper.

Pallets are (beside 2) all very unsafe for survivors. If you dont get the stun (and hope the killer has no Spirit fury), you are dead.

Oni and Billy always had a problem with indoor maps, that is true, but just because they can not utilize their full power does not mean they can not win on this map. Survivor suffer from more disadvantages, but i wont explain this to you.

"If you dont think this map is survivor sided your not past rank 15" Damn you got me with that :( Kinda rank 15 here. Rank 1 after 5 hours post reset or so.... Just wonder what your rank might be hmmm...

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

0 hooks on the second floor

The second floor is super tiny and when the basement spawns there you can even get to that in time, if you didn't grab someone off the gen.

3 pallets in every single hallway and 2 pallets in every room

every single hallway pallet is unsafe, or even deadly. If you try to mindgame them, you're going down. Even Most of the ones in the rooms can be mindgamed (except one or 2).

And with the huge debris everywhere it is impossible to play efficiently as oni and Billy.

You forgot Nurse! LOS blockers everywhere! That's the third of 19 killers that might struggle a bit! And now let's (s)talk about GF, Pig, Wraith, M&A Slinger, Scratched Mirror and Dead Rabbid Myers and mapwide-TR-skillcheck Doctor...

If you dont think this map is survivor sided your not past rank 15.

... same about you I guess. I don't even need to list which arguments you all missed, everyone pointed it out already.

I saw one survivor use it against me. He died XD

• Gnarly
    Gnarly Member Posts: 429

It is a Lerys type map. Some Killers are hurt severely by the indoor maps, while most killers get it easy.

In fact, I think any huge map is Survivor sided without a doubt and Billy/Oni have better chances then a Freddy would.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Low quality bait.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Look at his username. Says it all.

Theres a reason this has become the most used map offering for killers.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

IMO unpopular opinion here, but the map actually is survivor sided when the survivors know what they're doing. If there's a pallet on a corner you drop it early and loop around the wall next to it that can lead into a room. It's quite hard to explain but I have been looped and looped killers this way for quite a long time.

It also doesn't help for the killers reduced mobility due to all the rooms they have to move around and the fact that there isn't many long LOS so it's harder to find survivors.

Id say the only thing killers have going for on this map is the difficulty for the survivors to find gens, the 2nd floor deadzone and how looping on that map requires distance and skill.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045