Can we change dc penalty a bit

So before anyone say This isn’t a get rid of dc penalty thread it’s more of a some changes need to be made because I have gotten dc because of internet connection bs and suffered from both not getting bp, deranking, and going through the penalty. The change I think need to happen is a check to see if the dc was manually or if it was because connect to server was lost because this is bs for me to not have any control over my internet and get punished because it made me dc. Please fix and do something to stop this because it’s bs sitting through a 15 minute matchmaking lock after my games connection dc’s me

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I can tell you now that the response to your idea is that it is your own fault for having a bad connection. Many players are very upset with dealing with others who have a bad connection and feels it ruins their own experiences.

My response to your idea for a fix is that unplugging your ethernet chord is to easy of a bypass on the DC penalty and would be abused.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I would agree with this however there is one problem.

People if they wanted to could just turn off their wifi and turn it back on to skip the dc penalty.

I'd reccomend finding another game for the time being or something to do during those 15 minutes.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

People should be allowed to leave if someone else disconnects, rather than punishing the innocent as this garbage does now. That’s what good games with developers that care about their players do.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

For you a match where 1 Survivor disconnected is an unwinnable situation, but for someone out there is a challenge who they're willing to take. Although I can agree on you that a 3v1 is really rough and most of the time not worth the effort, you can't ignore the obvious exploit this would get.

• ClickyClicky

Other games allow it.

Some people dont have all day for the game. Get home from work, find a spare hour. Put a game on, some salty claudette or 2 man swf disconnect 30 seconds in....ok game ruined. Now why can’t I just find a new one since I did nothing wrong? Why is someone forced to either get a 5 minute ban or sit and dredge through a non-game before being allowed to play another? It’s ridiculous.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

as people have stated there are ways to just disconnect via networking via pc, physical router cable being pulled/powered off and other ways. NO I think the penalty time is too light, first one 5 minutes ok but conesuctives should be that way, and the timer should reset EVERYTIME there is a DC. and it should not decay in 1 day it should be random depending on how many times the person has dc'd in say a 60 day period. ALSO there should be a way you could petition to have some dc's removed if you can prove it was an ISP outage, or a power outage etc.

• Joao_Bandicoot

I think the Riot approach would be the best one, if someone is disconnected/afk in the first (X) amount of time the remaining players have to vote, yes to cancel the match or no to continue to match. Majority wins and all people have a little choice to make.

• ClickyClicky

Anything would be better than what we have now. In Resident Evil the penalty only applies to the 1st person to rage quit. I normally stay in if its the final zone but theres no point playing if they quit at the very start of the game.

But its funny how other games allow this yet DBD which is meant to be a casual party game has such a strict system. Especially when if 2 survivors dc the killers tend to slug regardless and then give an “ez ez” post game.

• Joao_Bandicoot

I can't know how this game community can have such a disparity between their opinions, some people say this game it's survivor-sided, others say it's killer-sided and then some people say it's completely balanced. Some people say it's a casual party game and others say it's a competitive game with clan tags and tournaments. How did behavior let so little information that such a disparity can be found ?

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188

If someone dcs doesn't give u the right to dc right after