Playing solo survivor sucks more than getting destroyed by a toxic 4 SWF as killer

Claudette_Baguette
Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

While playing killer is a miserable experience at rank 1 there's one thing I despise more than that. SOLO SURVIVOR.

I have 3000+ hours in this game (killer and survivor player 50/50) and the amount of STUPID survivors at rank 1 is unbelievable.

This just happened to me: One survivor gets grabbed off a totem with thrill of the hunt against a pig, where you have plenty of time to react when she stands up and you know she sees that you cleanse a totem. Then they dc before you can unhook them because yeah its the killer fault you play badly and YOU entitled piece of ... DC because of that. Second guy gets downed immediately, kills themselves on the hook. Then there's me who jukes the killer for legit 5 mins because the killer decides to tryhard. I wonder what the last guy is doing all this time, I mean he could have finished the last 4 gens by that time. I get hooked, last guy does nothing, I see him in a corner crouching waiting for me to die so he can get hatch.

I derank for that.

That's just one of many examples of how BAD solo survivor is. Random survivors don't unhook you, let you get to struggle phase, DC all the time, kill themselves on hook, don't do gens, hide all game, unhook in front of killer to farm you etc.

SWF and a competent team (well I don't demand survivors that are PRO players that know everything in this game and play perfectly, at least a team that's not STUPID) makes things so much better, so much more chill, etc. Just having survivors that don't DC immediately, unhook you in front of the killer or do other stupid ######### makes this game a lot better. Just NORMAL survivors that try to win and play well for their team.

I don't know why the devs don't take hours played into consideration for their matchmaking. I don't want to get matched up with other survivors with 130 hours in this game at rank 1, with their rank 18 SWF friend and another guy who does nothing because he is scared of the terror radius. Also, finally don't punish me if other survivors DC which makes me lose ranks as a survivor (killer too!).

Post edited by Claudette_Baguette on

Comments

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I play solo survivor and don't have really anything to complain about. Sometimes the team is just horrible and nothing works right. But most of the time it feels fine to me. I still get accused of being SWF even though none of my friends really touch DBD at all. I feel like even as a solo player I escape almost every game. And there's not much competition at all.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

Solo survivor is allot easier than killer. I made it to red ranks as a solo. Some games you get crappy team mates other games you get good ones. But getting destroyed by toxic swf is always bad.

• majorkaos
    majorkaos Member Posts: 29

I agree with Granny. I play solely as lvl 10 solo survivor because the lvl 20 killer experience against toxic purple and SWFs on Twitch was not good. But the survivors in green/purple generally understand the basics of team play and it can be fun. Sure, you'll always have d-bags and outside wall creepers that don't add much to the whole, but I find there are great people on here. I've also appreciated purple and reds who give advice, whether through benevolence or frustration, in post chat.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

I realize it’s frowned upon but I just started deranking from rank 1 survivor. While I realize my survivor teammates won’t be better but at least it won’t be against Rank 1 killers. I don’t feel bad either because I STILL end up with the most points in my games.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

You know.. in a match i was 1 hooked even i have kindred on.

This is in purple rank, but any survivors who are in purple rank shouldn't make this kind of mistake

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

They both can be really terrible experiences. It's hard to say which one is worse.

• SnackPac
    SnackPac Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020

People have been saying solo survivor is hell for a while but my experiences playing it has nearly only been pleasant

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I’ve had that happen too. This is why even if you gave solos all aura reading perks like kindred to buff them up to the level of swf it would never be the same, as swf actually give a damn about their team, solos don’t.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I guess that's more of the problem of people's mentality.

But still, buffing solos to SWF level is still needed as it leads to balance.

PS: Sometimes my friend sandbagged me to killer lol

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

since they removed visible ranks, now I just check steam profiles

if they seem new or if I can’t verify they are even decent, I dodge

not to different from WoW, if I’m Pugging, im making sure they are sentient beings

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

As a guy who plays solo 90%+ of the time. I completely disagree.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

I'd respect this forum more if the average poster could distinguish between swf and soloq, but it ALWAYS comes down to survivor vs killer.

From there the majority of arguments just become tribalistic talking points that achieve nothing.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I disagree. I agree it's still awful but SWF toxic groups are the single worst thing this game has.

SWF Toxic group <- Solo survivor <- Regular game

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Solo is pretty miserable when you get stupid teammates. Especially when the killer does nothing more than camp, and you depip because you can't get benevolent points, you can't escape because your entire team throws themselves at the killer, you can't get chases because the killer won't chase you until their victim is sacrificed.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Agreed. The problem is solo survivor needs a lot of changes to bring them up to speed. On top of that, solo queue is worse because you aren't the power role. As killer you can at least try to stop it, but as survivor you kinda need your team. If they suck, it screws you and at higher ranks I notice players only get worse and more selfish

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

Playing solo is miserable with the teammates I get. Might as well bite the bullet of complaints and play with my friend cause at least then we don’t have to worry about it

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

I should start using more Kindres and Bond. Grabbing Popcorn and getting entertained by my Teammates.

• GrannyonAcid

Yeah. I hate the ranking system for survivor. Played a ton more killer over my time in DBD. Yet I'm still perma stuck as a rank 1 survivor. I don't SWF. I'm a pure 100% solo player. And I can't derank at all. Sometimes I run into games where I can't compete at all. I feel like I'd be great anywhere between maybe a rank 5-10 spot. Purple ranks and green ranks would probably be fine. But when you've put like no hours into survivor it gets really annoying that you can't leave rank 1.

• GrannyonAcid

Besides rank reset was fun. I know that it could've caused some frustration where players that were new were running into really good players. But it was only a couple of days. And it was nice to have games that weren't try hard all of the time. A little break from the usual is always a nice thing. But right now the ranks are just screwed. Everyone that puts hours into the game will hit rank 1. Still I don't struggle to win. Still feel like I get a lot of decent teams. But when you get a bad team... It's not like there's 1 bad person on the team. It's all 3 or 4 of you are terrible. And the games over before a gens done. And it's super awkward. Haha

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I used to play 50/50. I main killer now. Solos are really weak, it's not the first time that I say as much in this forum.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I'm rank 1 solo survivor and I have no problem with it, really fun. Some teammates are good some are bad, it's the name of the game. Toxic SWF as killers is simply awful no comparison.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Playing mostly solo survivor in red ranks is an interesting experience but can be better than playing in a 2 man SWF, this can be due to playing with a 3 man SWF as solo.

SWFs and solo need to be balanced as you can't buff/nerf anything whilst there is that gap.

Just destroyed a killer but felt it was most likely due to playing with a 3 man SWF but the game doesn't tell me, were we that good or did comms play a part?

Slowing down only SWF members is on the right track to balancing this

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Finally someone who sees it the same way. Solo is the most fun I get in the game, because you just don't know how good the killer is and how good your team will be. You have to ADAPT.

If solo is too hard for you, play SWF. Simple as that.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I definitely remember all kinds of problems when I was a low rank survivor, but ever since I've made it to red ranks, I rarely see too much stupidity amongst survivors. Sure it happens still, but not anywhere near as frequently as I get a killer stomping or bullying survivor group at red ranks as killer. I'm all for improving the solo survivor experience, but I don't think it's as bad as the high rank killer experience currently is. I think the upcoming patch might make things a bit better for killer though so who knows after that.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Well, the problem there is, that as a rank 1 killer, getting a safety pip is relatively easy. Even against an optimal team. Yet solo queue and sometimes even duo queue and you're bound to lose pips 2-3 games in a row simply because the killer is tryharding while your braindead teammates unhook you in front of the killer without BT.

Killers need nerfing vs solo survivors(or solo survivors need buffing) while they need buffing vs 4 man SWF's(cus you cant nerf a 4 team swf). Currently, they're trying to buff solo survivors to the point where a single survivor has as much info as a full team. Which is why I believe both Kindred and OoO will be shown to the whole team. It's the only way to buff solo survivors to a full 4 man swf. Then im pretty sure killer perks, like dark devotion, will cancel out those aura readings.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

You are gonna have bad teammates and good teammates. It's all luck of the draw when playing solo. Even if you have all red rank survivor teammates some are gonna be bad. I like solo, but it can be better.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2020

I agree so much on this, yesterday I played a match with spirit for a daily, I don't tend to play her that much and I play in red ranks so I wasn't expecting much

Anyways, the match was a complete circus, there was an immersed self care claudette, a bill doing gens, a bunny feng that was slugged FOR 2 MINUTES because nobody would pick her up and a Nea that unhooked in front of my face.

No gens got done, Bill and Feng killed themselves on hook, Claudette was poophole on chases so she went down really fast and Nea just gave up towards the end.

Solo survivor gameplay for you all!

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    edited April 2020

I dont what talking about cant you see I'm having fun on the hook.

While I slowly hug myself saying solo survivor do have fun playing solo while their teammates are full of rank 20s I mean rank 2 and 3s and wondering why they all slowly went into lockers as I was sacrifice.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

this game is so easy as survivor, you don't need swf. You don't even need to play, just walk around and do totems or something then take hatch when your team dies, you don't even need to interact with the killer if you're a baby survivor. It only takes a few hours to learn the maps, then you can plow through killers solo

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 239

It really isnt, solo survivor is piss easy.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Solo survivor's challenge is based on if BHVR gave you competent teammates or not.

• ZaKzan

not at all, if you are the last survivor the hatch opens up for you. You really don't need to do anything in this game if you're a survivor. You can just play as super safe as you want and then take hatch if your team mates are dumb. Just run DH, DS, Iron Will, and BT so you can farm points. Devastating build that is invulnerable to anything the killer can do to you. You can even use your team mates as meat shields.

• AsePlayer

Okay, now imagine your teammate in solo queue is doing that.

We're back to this. Now you have a selfish teammate farming and waiting for hatch, not progressing the objective.

The difficulty of the match has once again been set by BHVR sending you into the trial with incompetent teammates. We've gone full circle. The solution to people doing stupid stuff shouldn't be to do even stupider stuff.

• BigFudge

Comoetent teammates or not. Solo is easy. You might not escape everytime but lets not kid ourselves into thinking its difficult

• ZaKzan

well, you can just do a gen, unhook someone, get chased by the killer, die, get your pip and your 10k points and go onto the next game all within the span of 4 or 5 minutes. You have plenty of options as a survivor if the game isn't going your way.

I really cannot stress enough how simple this game is as even a solo survivor. In fact it just increases the difficulty enough that if you want to personally challenge yourself you can, but you don't have to if you don't want to, you can still pull through with a decent survival rate even if you do barely anything, that's part of why you get so many dumb survivors, even at rank 1, because it's so simple to rank up and survive as a survivor. You don't need to think as a survivor, you don't need to try to reach the upper echelons of the game.

• Claudette_Baguette

Same here. I just can't seem to have a normal match when I solo queue. I only play with friends now.

• AsePlayer

Sure, it's easy to just go through a mindless game play loop of farming some teammates, touching maybe one or two generators and wasting every pallet on the map for chase points just to barely pip with minimal points and screw all your teammates.

That's not what I play the game for though. If that's all I did, I would've quit a long time ago. DbD has the potential to be much more than that, and a lot of that potential rests on you and your teammates.

• AsePlayer

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's easy.

An early throw can seal the deal for any competent killer.

• BigFudge

Doesnt mean anything in high ranks, killer skill is irrelevant. 3 survs can do gens and survive easily. I SHOULD NOT be able to run a killer for 3 gens. Its crazy? I know I sound like a dick and i apologise but i dont understand how people think killers are OP?

• Claudette_Baguette

This is such a great comment, you really understand the game. I hope the devs can make it better in the future.

Also, new survivors usually rank up very quickly because it's quite easy to do that. One unhook, juking the killer a bit (don't have to loop, just waste pallets) and a bit of gen repair is usually enough to pip and get to rank 10 and below easily. Thus, those new survivors with only a few hours get matched with other survivors that are much better than them in the same rank (hello rank reset tomorrow, makes things even worse than that). Same goes for killer to some extend.

• ZaKzan

It's never going to be like that, the devs can't even figure out how to properly rank and score the game just to separate the cro magnons from the players who have a modicum of sentience. The devs are also extremely reluctant to change the game in meaningful ways. I hope the new changes to maps helps push the game in the right direction, but considering the outcry of people whining about how survivors are going to be more challenging to play, I dunno. When you got 80% of your playerbase whining about how they can't watch netflix and play the game at the same time, as a company you have to listen to that as that really effects your bottom line.

• AsePlayer

Why do you think high ranks means something? I play games thinking my teammates are brown ranks just to find out that they're actually rank 2. The developers themselves have stated that rank does not accurately measure skill at the current moment. It's too easy to rank up on Survivor and some killers.