The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This fps issue is a serious hazard to your brains

FinLadd
FinLadd Member Posts: 190
I can't play this game because of how much this game stutters on console... It gives headaches and motion sickness... Vote this up so this can be fixed faster cuz i want to be able to see after a game or two.
What map? "in every map"
Survivor or killer? "both but killer is the WORST"
No matter what i do in the match it stutters and keep freezing. 

Comments

• Amelia
    Amelia Member Posts: 84

I also have drops, most happen on the game, terrible map for me

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@FinLadd said:
    I can't play this game because of how much this game stutters on console... It gives headaches and motion sickness... Vote this up so this can be fixed faster cuz i want to be able to see after a game or two.
    What map? "in every map"

I had the same problem and took like a month break. I have just cut down my play time and it helped. Try it before you abandon the game. I posted at one point asking the community manager about a reasonable time frame when we could expect it to be fixed at least back to 2.0 with no response, The communication is a joke in the community when things are broke.

• FinLadd
    fcc2014 said:

@FinLadd said:
    What map? "in every map"

I had the same problem and took like a month break. I have just cut down my play time and it helped. Try it before you abandon the game. I posted at one point asking the community manager about a reasonable time frame when we could expect it to be fixed at least back to 2.0 with no response, The communication is a joke in the community when things are broke.

Yeah i noticed that no one here care about their customers and that is Bull. 

• FinLadd
    Amelia said:

I also have drops, most happen on the game, terrible map for me

Ikr.. all the maps which are dense Will lag so much and can't get even a kill... And chasing is impossible. 
  • fcc2014
    FinLadd said:
    fcc2014 said:

@FinLadd said:
    What map? "in every map"

Yeah i noticed that no one here care about their customers and that is Bull. 

Sadly get use to it. They only care how much you spend in their cosmetic store not the actual game.
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Never had more headaches than I have now. Really have to cut down the amount of time I play dbd now. Used to get home from work and play all night, but that is impossible now.
  • fcc2014
    Never had more headaches than I have now. Really have to cut down the amount of time I play dbd now. Used to get home from work and play all night, but that is impossible now.
    I was the same after work playing. I had to cut down and it is only since 2.0 once i limited myself to a couple hours im ok.
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

You guys dont know how it is to play between 5 and 15/20 fps for 2 years then. I know and i did pretty well too.

• King_Checkmate
    King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60

Framerate is quite low yeah.

• King_Checkmate
    King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60

Framerate is quite low yeah.

• FinLadd

You guys dont know how it is to play between 5 and 15/20 fps for 2 years then. I know and i did pretty well too.

LOL you got so use to it that when you next time play it constant 60 fps you are going to believe it's magic.. 😂 
  • FinLadd

LOL you got so use to it that when you next time play it constant 60 fps you are going to believe it's magic.. 😂 
  • AmorePrincess

Oh, I do. And I normally play 10 hours a day, after work, more on weekends, even gave me glasses eventually because of it. Paying the price for being a gamer, haha. But it has been worse now, when you play killer alot. But it might be different depending on the person.
  • AmorePrincess

Oh, I do. And I normally play 10 hours a day, after work, more on weekends, even gave me glasses eventually because of it. Paying the price for being a gamer, haha. But it has been worse now, when you play killer alot. But it might be different depending on the person.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@FinLadd said:
    What map? "in every map"

I run on solid 60 FPS, but as doc I drop some frames such that I play at ~50-55.
    But then on the other hand, I dont play on a low performance machine like a console :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AmorePrincess said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

Do you sleep too?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AmorePrincess said:

Yes, because glasses aren't due to congenital defects in the eyes or the development of the eyes; it's because of bad FPS.

• pauloandrade22

@FinLadd said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

Yeah :D

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Yes, because glasses aren't due to congenital defects in the eyes or the development of the eyes; it's because of bad FPS.

Im have myopia due to being too close to the TV for so long in my childhood. Now its premanet unless i do surgery ( and i probably wont too scared to get permanent blindness from that). Its not impossible to become like that due to FPS either.

• Orion

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Im have myopia due to being too close to the TV for so long in my childhood. Now its premanet unless i do surgery ( and i probably wont too scared to get permanent blindness from that). Its not impossible to become like that due to FPS either.

Bullshit you do. I've studied what causes myopia, as well as several other visual abnormalities, and "sitting too close to the TV" was not a cause.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Bullshit you do. I've studied what causes myopia, as well as several other visual abnormalities, and "sitting too close to the TV" was not a cause.

Thats odd. Thats literally what made my like that . Even the doctor said that.

My problem is that i see well a close range ( 5 ish meters) but anything else its blurry AF. is that myopia by the way? Im not a native english speaker.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Is it genetic then? Because i had great vision before that happened.

• Orion
    edited August 2018

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

My problem is that i see well a close range ( 5 ish meters) but anything else its blurry AF. is that myopia by the way? Im not a native english speaker.

Visual abnormalities are caused by a deformity in one or more of the many pieces that compose the human optical system (I don't know their names in English nor care enough to find out) and are usually congenital, meaning you were born with them. The day "sitting too close to the TV" causes a physical defect in the eyes is the day that TV model needs to be abolished.

EDIT: And yes, that's myopia.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Visual abnormalities are caused by a deformity in one or more of the many pieces that compose the human optical system (I don't know their names in English nor care enough to find out) and are usually congenital, meaning you were born with them. The day "sitting too close to the TV" causes a physical defect in the eyes is the day that TV model needs to be abolished.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Thats cool to know. Thank you very much. Now i know more.

• Orion

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Thats cool to know. Thank you very much. Now i know more.

Come to think of it, judging from your name, you and I speak the same language.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Maybe. Or maybe not. ( im not that worried that peps know what country i am from tho)

• Orion

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Maybe. Or maybe not. ( im not that worried that peps know what country i am from tho)

Then again, I do speak a multitude of languages. I'm assuming you're from a country that speaks Portuguese, yes?

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Then again, I do speak a multitude of languages. I'm assuming you're from a country that speaks Portuguese, yes?

i Pm'ed (as well as the forum allows it) the answer.

I speak english, spanish ,protuguese, and a little bit of french (i understand french more than speak by the way).

• Orion

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

I speak english, spanish ,protuguese, and a little bit of french (i understand french more than speak by the way).

Yup, me too (regarding your "PM", which is actually a public comment I've deleted).

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Yup, me too (regarding your "PM", which is actually a public comment I've deleted).

Ok . can you PM in these forums?

• pauloandrade22

or its like no way jose?.

Also thanks for deleting it.

• Orion

No way to PM, as far as I know.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

That sucks oh well.

Also would surgery permanently cure myopia or would i develop it again?

• Orion

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

That sucks oh well.

There's a chance you'd get it again, if your eye had not completely finished its development. Regardless, old people naturally have to wear glasses because their eyesight degrades over time.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

That sucks oh well.

There's a chance you'd get it again, if your eye had not completely finished its development. Regardless, old people naturally have to wear glasses because their eyesight degrades over time.

AH thanks Again. Now i know to ask when i have ocular questions and problems.

• FinLadd
    Holy crap they actually fixed most of the stutters and lagging issues i still have some lag but not as bad it was
  • fcc2014

@FinLadd said:
    Holy crap they actually fixed most of the stutters and lagging issues i still have some lag but not as bad it was

I'm hoping that the above is sarcasm. I was skipping through the woods against the Huntress on shelter woods every time she through a hatchet at anyone. I even teleported behind a jungle gym once or twice.

• FinLadd
    edited August 2018
    fcc2014 said:

@FinLadd said:

I'm hoping that the above is sarcasm. I was skipping through the woods against the Huntress on shelter woods every time she through a hatchet at anyone. I even teleported behind a jungle gym once or twice.

Dude survivors fps was far More better than for killers cuz killers fps was so low that it was almost unplayable... I Lost everyone i chased because i couldn't see.
    I can see that you are survivor main
  • fcc2014

@FinLadd said:
    fcc2014 said:

@FinLadd said:

Dude survivors fps was far More better than for killers cuz killers fps was so low that it was almost unplayable... I Lost everyone i chased because i couldn't see. 

The fps is terrible on both sides. I agree 100%. Play any of the farm maps and survivors have a 50/50 shot of losing the killer because of how bad it is. I had to burn a perk for predator because of it. I understand. This isn't survivor vs killer though. This is console vs BHVR. We desperately need console optimization. I refuse to spend any money on cosmetics or a new chapter until the fps improves. I am currently playing way less then i use to because of the frame drop. I can't see the point of investing more money in the game.

• FinLadd
    fcc2014 said:

@FinLadd said:
    fcc2014 said:

@FinLadd said:

The fps is terrible on both sides. I agree 100%. Play any of the farm maps and survivors have a 50/50 shot of losing the killer because of how bad it is. I had to burn a perk for predator because of it. I understand. This isn't survivor vs killer though. This is console vs BHVR. We desperately need console optimization. I refuse to spend any money on cosmetics or a new chapter until the fps improves. I am currently playing way less then i use to because of the frame drop. I can't see the point of investing more money in the game.

Exactly... I know that devs Will optimize console better when they have time but they have to worry about New seasons aswell... So we must be patient about it.. It Will happen eventually.